“THIS HOTEL IS TO BE AVOIDED BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!”

Comfort Inn Lake Charles
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Lake Charles
Covington, Louisiana
“THIS HOTEL IS TO BE AVOIDED BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

1. Rate quoted was not honored ($89.00 on phone, $129.00 at check in).
2. Bill for one night was "erroneously" charged $284.95. When I called Comfort Inn, I was told that I had to have my bank call them to correct the problem.
3. Rude representative when I call to correct the problem.
4. Manager wont return calls.
5. Smelled of cigarettes and mildew.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Charles W
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Very sorry to read that you were unhappy with your stay. We apologize for all the inconveniences experienced. We hope that we have been able to rectify this with you. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My son and I stayed here recently for a family get-together. It was terribly over-priced based on what we got and was overall very disappointing. We knew we would only be there each day to shower and sleep, but even so, the hotel was bad. First, the whole hotel reeked of cigarette smoke, including the elevator, hallway and our non-smoking room. Second, both the shower and bathroom sink had some type of flow restrictors on them. Water came out in a mist... in the shower, it took forever to get the soap and shampoo off and you never felt like you were totally rinsed off. I ran a bath and the tub was full of black particles. I tried that 3 times, thinking it was a one time thing. Nope. Every time I rinsed the tub and ran fresh water in it, black particles were all over the bottom. Limited parking, and don't even consider choosing this hotel becaused it has a "pool."

Room Tip: Book anither hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
So very sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We hope that you are able to find a more suitable hotel on your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have to say that my family and I have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lake Charles many times over the past several years. We live in Orlando and have family in Lake Charles. On our most recent visit, due to a death in the family, the staff went above and beyond to accomodate our needs. The staff at this location is freindly and personalble; they make us feel like we are "at home" each and everytime we stay and especially this time. This property is also very well kept and clean which also makes the differece to an Outstanding stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lenora G
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Sorry to hear of your loss! We look forward to welcoming you under much more favorable circumstances soon. Thanks for your kind comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I just wanted to let everyone know how much we enjoyed our stay here over the Christmas holiday. Everyone had the Christmas spirit. The breakfast was super, and the room excellent. We had a handicap room right off the lobby,which was perfect! This is our new homeaway from home in Lake Charles!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irene656
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
So happy to hear! Thanks for staying with us at the Comfort Inn Lake Charles, we look forward to your return.
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I couldn't find a single thing bad to say about this hotel! The front desk agent Sara was so helpful & had a great smile. The room was so clean. Props to the cleaning ladies! I wish I knew her name. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank tiedsout
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Helpful, great staff, and a clean room, what's not to love? We look forward to seeing you again next time at the Comfort Inn Lake Charles! Thanks so much!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel to Lake Charles to visit family and I will be staying at this hotel from now on. I was well pleased with the room itself. The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly. The room smelled fresh, but so did the hallway and even the elevator. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay and recommend them to other travelers to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KTWash
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for the great recommendation! We look forward to hosting you at the Comfort Inn Lake Charles the next time you are town visiting family.
Thanks again!
Opelousas, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet and comfy. Only a few blocks from the mall; convenient to most everything needed. Very clean. Very pleasant, accommodating staff. Being completely honest, I've had the mindset of Comfort Inn being over-priced, budget quality. Not so here. If you want a place, quiet, conveniently located toward the centre of town, I will highly recommend you consider this location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Midge S, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Lake Charles, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thanks for the review, we are happy that we were able to change your mindset regarding the Comfort Inn Brand. We hope to see you again soon at the Comfort Inn Lake Charles!