“A must for the tourist”
Review of Steamboat Bill's

Steamboat Bill's
Ranked #3 of 266 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Olympia, Washington
“A must for the tourist”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great little place. Great seafood with just the right Cajun spice to get the effect but not so much it'll kill you. Brought our family from Washington state to get a taste of the Louisiana way of cooking. It was crowded but the staff has a way of moving folks right along so there was no real wait. We've been to both locations and the Lakeshore drive location is the nicer of the two. By no means is the more urban location a bad choice; just a little different clientele. Definitely a must for the tourist.

1 Thank dumbodriver

Livingston, Texas
“ok,, impress me”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I grew up in the " cajun" area of Texas. Seafood was a staple for us, I heard so many people rave and rant over this location, I decided to try. BIG MISTAKE!
Food was undercooked and long coming. Service was at very best, shoddy. If you are going to runn a large volume resturant, please, staff for it. Felt more like a cow being herded in and out than a paying paytron. Will not go back, there is better, cheaper seafood in the area and it is not hard to find!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank jeff p
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Amazingly Good!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

For this old and quiet Yankee traveler and his wife we first had to get through all the noise and, for our taste, bad music. But was it ever worth it! I had the Catfish Atahafalaya, which involved a catfish filet on top of a bed of rice topped with shrimp étouffée and chives. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. My wife had the best serving of red beans, sausage and rice either of us have ever tasted.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Great fried seafood and large portions”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I get a little annoyed at the people complaining about the noise in SB's, if you look at the casual style of the restaurant and the always filled parking lot, then see the lines of people coming out the door waiting to get in, you can kind of figure it's going to be noisy. Why do so many people come there? Because the food is always excellent, they have the absolutely best fried catfish I have ever eaten and their oysters are fantastic too! Servings are huge and the service is prompt and courteous, if a little harried but who wouldn't be with the crowds that swamp this place? I get annoyed at the people who say it's touristy too, I'm sorry folks but the place is a local favorite so most of the people you see eating in there aren't tourists but locals coming back again and again. My daughter always gets the boiled crawfish in season and it is delicious but I keep coming back for the catfish. Bring a big appetite and eat here, you won't be sorry...unless you would rather have a so-called fine dining experience with crystal, silver and linen...and mediocre food. I will take SB's with it's noisy, busy, and casual atmosphere, wipe my hands on paper towels and enjoy some of the best and freshest fried seafood and catfish I have ever had.

• Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The shrimp gumbo was good, but the crawfish and boudin balls were awesome! A must stop if in the area!