“Some good, some bad, but not the typical Courtyard Room Quality”

Courtyard Lafayette Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good: Close to the airport. The staff member at the front desk was very friendly, and the lobby and eating area were nice and fresh. The breakfast was not included, but the cost was reasonable and most of the items were prepared well (breakfast potatoes were tough)

Bad: Floor in front of the elevators was sticky. Dated window unit air conditioner which smelled moldy/stale air when it was turned off. Bathroom was not as clean as it should have been, and there were stains on the comforter and bed skirt.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hcs81m
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear hcs81m. Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback, and we will work on the areas you mention to improve. We have just started a complete renovation of the hotel which will be completed in just a few short months. Our a/c units are being replaced in the process. I have addressed your housekeeping issues, as well as the public area elevator issue, and please be assured that I have taken steps to make sure that this does not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you next time you are in the Lafayette area.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lovely rooms, great service and you serve Starbucks coffee. I kept up my workout regime by using their gym, it was comperable to others, the equipment was clean and worked well.

- I will definately be staying again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kathryn H
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

We so appreciate you! Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette Airport. We are so glad that our amenities met your needs during your stay. Please come and see us again next time you are in Lafayette - we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I consider this place as my second home, rooms are clean, Wi-Fi works, Breakfast is beyond your expectations but overall I think what I like the most about this place is the staff, they make you feel welcome and at home. Management really takes care of their customers.

Everything is clean and in working condition, bed and pillows are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Talk to the people at the front desk and set your expectations
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dyanuca

We love having you and your staff stay with us, and we are beyond thrilled that we make you feel at home. It's what we strive to do each and every day with all of our guests, so we are so happy that we've accomplished our goals! We miss you - please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night before catching flight to our honeymoon. Staff was excellent and gave us the "honeymoon suite" when we arrived after midnight, which was awesome. The only thing not awesome was that the fire alarm kept going off multiple times. The front desk came to turn it off, but once they left, another went off. Crazy, but overall a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank mes2892
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear mes2892. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. My team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, and I am glad that we achieved that goal. The issue with our fire alarm malfunctioning has been corrected, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travel needs bring you to Lafayette.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I got a great deal for this hotel, including wifi and breakfast. Unfortunately when I checked in the reception clerk didn't tell me I had a breakfast ticket or explain anything about it. The room was clean and everything in it was in working condition. The next morning I used the gym. The equipment was nice, and towels are provided, but there was no mat for stretching, and you cannot control the temperature. It was warmer in the gym than in the hallway so I propped the door open for ventilation.

Then it was time to eat. I got into a long line and slowly realized it is a cafe and not a continental breakfast so you choose from a menu. This can be seen as a nice touch because you only get what you actually want and it is made fresh, but they need more staff to do this effectively because it's an airport hotel and we have planes to catch and may need to just grab a bagel and go on. Anyway, I realized I didn't have a breakfast coupon with me so I didn't even know what I should be entitled to because I saw some guests were paying and some were not. Fortunately the girl at the counter gave me some food on my word, so I didn't have to go upstairs and get the coupon and wait in line again.

I think the 15+ minutes that I waited to even order was ridiculous. This concept doesn't bother me but the staff should tell guests what the process is when we check in, and they need to get guests served more quickly.

On the upside, when I was leaving the room with several bags a member of the cleaning staff helped me with them all the way out to the car. I tipped her for her extra effort, and that small act of kindness made me feel better about my stay, but the reception and breakfast staff could use some training.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cindy C
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear ladyoracle1979,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your valued opinions about your stay with us. It is guests like you who assist us in providing the best possible accommodations and services. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and everything worked to your satisfaction. We are addressing the issue of ventilation in our fitness center as it does tend to get very warm. Our bistro is one of our offerings that our guests really love. It's so much nicer to order a hot, freshly prepared breakfast item, than to choose from leftovers on a buffet table. I apologize that my front desk staff did not inform you that you had a breakfast coupon in your key packet, and that it should have been presented at the bistro when you ordered breakfast. I have addressed the issue with my front desk team, and feel certain that this will not happen again. I truly appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I have also expressed your appreciation to our housekeeper that assisted you with your luggage. She was thrilled to know that you appreciated and acknowledged her willingness to help you! We value you as a guest, and hope to see you at Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in Lafayette.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

What else can you ask for? Great location with restaurants all around, easy to get to from airport, and welcoming staff. Stayed for almost one week two different times about a year apart and can't say a bad thing about this hotel or its staff. In fact, when I was there at the bar one evening I was treated with the utmost respect by the bartender and the manager who overheard our conversation. Both were class acts and definitely made me want to come and stay again. I'm not much for frills but the look of the place is great and the rooms so clean that I would recommend to anybody travelling. I travel for business and have stayed in some sad hotels (even big chains) and this place really makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear chgo12345. Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is heart warming to hear that you love our hotel, staff and amenities. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. We realize that you have many choices of hotels when you are in our area. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in Lafayette.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay, it was really nice and the staff was nice also, rooms very clean and building well secured, will definitely come again. I really enjoy Marriott hotels in Louisiana and Texas, its always wearth the stay and even if I use points they always treat me like I spent a million bucks for my room.

Thanks a bounce