“Clean, Nice Rooms, Great Bar & Kitchen...”

Courtyard Lafayette Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, Nice Rooms, Great Bar & Kitchen...”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

What else can you ask for? Great location with restaurants all around, easy to get to from airport, and welcoming staff. Stayed for almost one week two different times about a year apart and can't say a bad thing about this hotel or its staff. In fact, when I was there at the bar one evening I was treated with the utmost respect by the bartender and the manager who overheard our conversation. Both were class acts and definitely made me want to come and stay again. I'm not much for frills but the look of the place is great and the rooms so clean that I would recommend to anybody travelling. I travel for business and have stayed in some sad hotels (even big chains) and this place really makes you feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear chgo12345. Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is heart warming to hear that you love our hotel, staff and amenities. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. We realize that you have many choices of hotels when you are in our area. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in Lafayette.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay, it was really nice and the staff was nice also, rooms very clean and building well secured, will definitely come again. I really enjoy Marriott hotels in Louisiana and Texas, its always wearth the stay and even if I use points they always treat me like I spent a million bucks for my room.

Thanks a bounce

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Good stay, quiet room, altho indifferent staff. Make-up stained sheets but is that becoming the norm?! Ugh.... Love the location. Good price. Room a bit dated but clean. Was a hot sticky day but our room was a lovely temp!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott customer and therefore will always give any of their properties first preference. I've stayed at this particular property several times and like it. It's not on the beaten path but still centrally located, clean, and quiet. I recommend it highly for anyone coming to the Lafayette area!

• Stayed August 2013
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very clean, and the bed was really comfy. I was impressed with the quietness of the room. We were by the vending machine and never heard anything at night. Yes I would recommend this hotel, and the price was not that bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Louisiana
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is an older building that has been renovated, from the outside, I wasn't too sure but when we went in, everything was fresh, updated and very clean.
We were first assigned to a room on the third floor, it's a typical day in Louisiana, very hot, sticky and humid, and the A/C was only blowing warm air. I gave it an hour, thinking that maybe they had just turned it on or something as housekeeping was cleaning rooms on that floor. It just got warmer and warmer, to the point I couldn't lay on the bed without sweating. I went back downstairs and explained the problem and asked if we could be moved. The maintenance man was there as well, the attendant asked if he would go look at the unit, but I still asked if we could be moved. I know you don't just "fix" an a/c that quick. The front desk attendant excused herself to get her manager who came and we were promptly moved. As I was waiting, the manager offered to send someone up to move us, she offered complimentary refreshment from the marketplace, I declined all, I wasn't upset at all, just hot. I couldn't ask for better customer service.
The rooms were nice, the updates very nice. Loved the bed linens. The bathrooms were a bit old, but nothing that was just awful.
I would stay here again and most likely will as family now lives here and we will be visiting often.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
mellyons01,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback about your stay with us at Courtyard Lafayette Airport. I’m sorry for the maintenance issue you encountered during your stay, but I’m pleased to hear that you felt well taken care of by our staff in resolving this issue and accommodating your request. We value you as our guest and we do hope you select our hotel the next time you’re in town visiting family. Please allow my office the privilege to take your next reservation. Thank you again for writing.

Frank Hess, General Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2013

IMO, this is an average courtyard due to age of rooms and building. However, as others mentioned, the staff is a bright spot, especially at the bistro! They stay late and serve after they have closed, as long as they are still working, which I find delightful!

The gym is quite small, with few offerings (one stationary bike and treadmill). There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, though.

Extremely easy to get to and from airport, as they will take you and pick you up when requested! A fantastic restaurant about 5 minutes drive is Riverside Inn! The front desk even had a courtyard coupon for a free dessert or drink! Blue dog restaurant and 1895 (you can walk to it--300 yards) are also good and close.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
usaflyer,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Lafayette. We appreciate your complimentary feedback about our staff’s excellence in service, and I’m pleased to hear they were a bright spot to your stay. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and hope to welcome you back very soon. In the event your travel returns you to the Lafayette area, please afford my office the pleasure to take your next reservation. Thanks again!

Frank Hess, General Manager