“Great Experience”

Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wish to thank and highly commend the staff at Extended Stay, Lafayette. I am a freelance entertainer and celebrity impersonator. I recently travelled to Lafayette to perform at an event for Posh Exclusive Interiors. Travel gigs are always a bit stressful. There are so many variables and so many things that can go wrong. This one was as pleasant and comfortable as possible, largely thanks to the courteous, kind and professional staff at Extended Stay America, Lafayette.

My room was clean and comfortable. Amenities, including free WIFI, were so appreciated. I want to particularly single out Monica, a sweet young lady who made me feel welcome and at home; and especially Ms. Vanessa Williams, who truly went way above and beyond to make my stay a lovely experience. I was treated like much more than a guest by these sweet ladies. I felt like family.

Please extend my gratitude to these extraordinary ladies and my congratulations to Management for your fine facility and exceptional service. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was happy about the rates and location of this hotel. Upon arrival, there were no staff at the desk. We had to call a number and have a member of housekeeping let us in and sign a paper to check in. We then went to our room and immediately crashed. After all it was midnight. The room did smell like smoke even though we reserved a non smoking room. When we woke up, we decided to shower. When I pulled back the shower curtain, there were black hairs stuck all over the shower. Absolutely gross. The toilet wouldn't flush properly we had to add water for each flush. I opened the curtains to let in light only to find food wrappers in the window seat. On the floor by the bed was a dirty New Orleans Saints cap. We immediately checked out and went down the street to Candlewood Suites. It was about $15 more a night but well worth the switch. Save your money and go somewhere else!!! And there is no breakfast!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank HateNastyHotels
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness and smoke odor in your room. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward. As well, please know that a staff member is always available to assist with guest needs. From 11:00pm - 7:00am this Associate can be reached through the lobby phone as they are required to perform duties throughout the hotel instead of standing directly behind the desk. Still, I will work with the staff to ensure this process goes smoother in the future.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at loc@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here for 7 long awful days.Every front desk worker gave me attitude. No cleaning of rooms until your 8th day. Room smells very bad. Hall carpet was stained and smelly.Cooking pans were burned up in the inside.You have to go down to desk to turn in dirty towels and pray they have clean towels to give you back. One of the workers gave me kitchen towels to bathe with. I turned in towels @ 1pm and was told to check back @ 11pm for clean ones.Bathroom and kitchen floor in room was filthy. Worse hotel I've been to. I have also stayed@ same hotel in chicago by ohare airport and my stay room and service was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank terra315
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sorry to read that your room was unclean and our staff did not attend to your needs properly. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am coaching the entire staff on how to provide great customer service so a situation like yours is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at loc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was in a relatively convenient location and was relatively cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. The hallways smelled a little funky, and the room was in much need of updating. Everything was really crappy and old, especially the bathroom. Nobody was ever at the front desk. I don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MagNEATO
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the halls is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have I have taken the liberty to discuss with staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at loc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Caressa, was very helpful with the issue of the Bed Bugs. The maintenance guy was Very rude to my 11 year old child about a vacuum. I addressed that issue in the presence of Caressa. She apologized for his actions.

Today is Check out day and there is NO LUGGAGE CART to be found. The time is 10:21am I have been on every floor several times looking for a Cart myself. I CANNOT LIFT due to a Back Issue, we have been ready since 8:30am.
I expect someone from corporate office to Contact me .
This Hotel needs to go back to the CREED that they have Posted!

It is also in NEED of a complete Cleaning

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ChynaD40
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Extended Stay America Lafayette location. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, we were very disheartened to read that your stay was less than satisfactory and ask you to understand how truly sorry we are. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay and can assure you that we have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our entire staff.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, we are deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My boyfriends company provided this hotel for the six months that he had to come to Lafayette for training. The day after we arrived we had to change rooms, because we were on the top floor and they apparently had roof damage from a hurricane like a week or two before. They put us in a bigger room. We like the size of the room and bathroom, and also the fully equipped kitchen. The staff members I've came in contact with so far seems really nice. But the carpet all throughout the hotel is really old and looks stained every where. We have to go downstairs ourselves to exchange the towels and get more toilet paper. And they only do room service once a week I think. They should consider investing in some type of door to block off the room area from the kitchen. We have a corner room so there's a huge empty space right when you walk in the door. The small air conditioner they have in the rooms isn't quite big enough to keep the entire room cool. I guess you could say it's an okay room, I mean you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank trinity1017
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Lafayette – Airport location and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. Please allow us to apologize for the condition of the flooring and the size of air conditioning unit in comparison to your room type. Our corner units indeed provide larger square feet for our guests to enjoy.

We do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you at the time of check in, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had reservations that my company made for me at this hotel. First bad sign, the place was dingy and dirty looking from the outside. Some people arriving did not look the like the most "business" oriented I have seen. Went inside and the "lobby" was small dark and not inviting. The two chairs there were occupied, which was fine, except that the being able to see someone's genitals was not my idea for a good time. The fact that my reservation was not correct paled compared to that. Needless to say, I left after this and was NOT going back....reservation or not. Find someplace else, it isnt worth the "deal" you get here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mml1958
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lafayette - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that issues from other guests do not interfere with this experience. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may not be satisfied from these types of disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during the time you were with us.

As well, we strive to provide friendly customer service resulting in 100% guest satisfaction. To hear that we were unable to help you upon check-in, is disheartening. As this hotel's General Manager, I plan to speak with my staff about our companies standards for professionalism in the workplace and work to improve so a situation like yours does not happen again.