“Friendly staff, below par cleanliness” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette I-10

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette I-10
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette
Kansas City, Missouri
“Friendly staff, below par cleanliness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for two evenings while traveling on business. I was traveling with two other colleagues. I have stayed at a number of Fairfield Inns over the years and this one ranks below par. While the staff was friendly, the property was dated. Both nights my room was missing shampoo and conditioner , forcing me to call down to the front desk to obtain more. The cleaning staff was clearly in a hurry both times while cleaning my room as they failed to refill the necessary toiletries. What's worse is on the first night, I only had one Kleenex remaining. I threw out the box, assuming they would replace the tissue. That night, I returned to find the one tissue shoved back in the Kleenex box holder and no new box. Disappointed to say the least. Proper protocol at this hotel was not followed in the cleaning of my room

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly hostess at the front desk named Kierra who recommended we stop at Don's Seafood for dinner. We did and my lady loved it. We traveled from Delrey Beach Fl to San Diego CA and stayed at other hotels along way but this was by far the cleanest place we stayed at.

The housekeeper is to be commended for such a thorough job on cleaning our room. My lady has a lot of allergies and is sensitive to room odors but had no issues here as this room was a pleasure for her to stay in.

With a friendly front desk staff and excellent housekeeping this is the place to stay in Lafayette, LA. We'll be back. 5 Green Buttons Rating

Room Tip: If you want a clean pleasant room this is the place to stay.
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is an older Fairfield and could use a facelift. The rooms were clean, but the traffic noise was awful from the highway. The windows or the heating unit had an opening that let the sound into the room. Our television was flat screen, but was so dark you couldn't see half of the channels. We asked to have it checked, but didn't see any difference when we returned. The breakfast area is very small and the offerings were few and it wasn't maintained well.

Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at this location on March 16th. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The rate was fair. Continental breakfast was modest and somewhat depleted as the hotel was full of high school athletes in town for tournaments. My expectations for Fairfield Inn continental breakfasts are low anyway, so it didn't matter to me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped here to stay overnight on our way back to Dallas from Orlando. Hotel room was nice and clean with decent mattresses on the beds. Indoor pool looked nice, and all parts of the hotel looked either new or recently remodeled. Breakfast included dry cereal, muffins, donuts, bagels, hot waffles, pancake & sausage on a stick, yogurt, juice, milk, and coffee. We are a Marriot rewards member so we managed to get a rate around $100 for a double queen room. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side on the opposite side of the lobby. Our room was on the same side of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Overall: Very nice, newly decorated rooms, rest of hotel is the usual stuff you would expect.

Location: right at the I10 among other hotels and shopping malls

Room: must have been recently refurbished, very tastefully decorated and clean. Room was rather on the small side. It is not possible to draw over curtains to make room darker at night as the area is very well lid the room was fairly light at night. Windows cant be opened, but AC was not too noisy.

Hotel: small, indoor pool was ok. Internet terminal in lobby super slow. Breakfast had the usual stuff (waffel, bagels, etc), however, the breakfast rooms is somewhat cramped and not particularly inviting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Most places we stay, average cleaing and hospitality. Lafyette Fairfield has exceeded all
of our exspectations. Cleanlyness, organization, hospitallity and friendlynes, from manager down to the person that mops floors.

Room Tip: Easy to find, one block pass I-10 on 49 south/hwy 90
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business