“many thanks to Ashley [staff]” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Lafayette Conference Center

Ramada Lafayette Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“many thanks to Ashley [staff]”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

on a recent touring holiday of southern states in USA we had an overnight stop at this location - we were due to have a swamp-boat trip the following day but were concerned that we did not have any bug-repellant - we spoke to a young female staff member named Ashley who even though was off duty used her own time & car to drive to a pharmacy to obtain the sprays and even returned to the hotel the same night to deliver them to us - she has restored my faith in human nature and Holiday Inn should be very grateful that they employ her as she is a credit to herself and to the hotel - thanks again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ed B, General Manager at Ramada Lafayette Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments about Ashley. I agree she is very special and understands the true meaning of hospitality. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
lafayette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in need of shaving supplies and an extra shampoo; I offered to pay for them, but was cheerfully offered them for free. I then offered to give them a well-deserved good review, and had a most pleasant introduction to Tahaka, Sade, Josh, and Charles. They were so nice and so kind; I could not wait to get back to our room (with our razors and shaving cream for the morning!) so that I could get this message out. They were really nice, and now my wife and I will be smooth and feeling good in the morning. Way to go, guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When I walk in the hotel Tahaka gave me the best service; the rooms was great, nice & clean. The swimming pool area was very clean. The jacuzzi was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone;. My kids & I had a great time here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your time is valuable, we appreciate you taking some to share your comments regarding our quality as well as one of our Stars Tahaka. Hopefully we will see you soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

A good hotel with a welcome swimming pool after a long day. Not much in the area but the hotel bar was refreshing unthemed and the service was good. Word of warning though. Some of the locals will ask about your religion and politics. I don't think the get many socialist atheists in them thar parts so next time I'll be a god fearing gun totin' good ol'boy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
You said it all welcome to the South and we look forward to ya'lls return.
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I went into my room was how fresh it smelled and how cleaned it looked. It appeared to be so clean I decided to give it a military inspection. This was the cleanest room I've seen in many years. Oh, and the TV worked perfectly too. When I got into my king bed I found another pleasent suprise. It was really comfortable. I was starting to regreat that I was only staying one night. I had a excellent visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ed B, General Manager at Ramada Lafayette Conference Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Bill,
Thank you for conducting a military inspection and posting the results indicating our success in improving cleanliness. The housekeeping team is aware of the need to provide a clean and comfortable room and has made strides to overcome past reviews which indicated we were not as clean as we should be. Thank you for confirming our efforts in assuring a clean room are noticeable. I will be sharing your comments with the staff.
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Everyone here is so friendly, from Jamal who checked me in, to Josh especially and last but not least, Tahaka at the front desk. These folks were friendly and genuinely warm and nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room is beautiful, the price is more than fair for the facility here. They have a restaurant and bar. You just don't find that in most Holiday Inns. So, the rating for me is very very good. It's a pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: I got one on the ground floor (at my request and thanks to Jamal) and it was a straight shot into my...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the friendliness and excellent service delivered by our team. I have posed your comments for each staff member to view and enjoy. We are proud of our quality and caring service and appreciate your recognition.
LR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our room smelled moisture when we arrived, but we got another one without any problem. The second one was what you can expect from an holiday inn, nothing to complain about. The hotel is quite huge, and is not directly on the highway so you are not annoyed by the trafic.

Breakfast was not included and very expensive (but there is a lot of choice).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ed B, Manager at Ramada Lafayette Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Lafayette for your travel partner. We are please you enjoyed your stay. May I suggest during you next visit to book the breakfast included package which is quite a saving as opposed to paying for your family's meals. Again thank you. We look forward to your return.