“Great Stay!!!”

Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Sulphur, Louisiana
“Great Stay!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We were staying in Lafayette for a party, came in a little late, desk staff was very friendly, we got to our room and the key wouldn't work, thought maybe it was just us old people, and they sent a engineer up to take care of it before we could return to our room, what great service!! We told him we would go to the lounge while he worked, and he found us in the lounge to give us our new key!! The whole experience was top of the line, will return when in the area!!

Room Tip: first floor if possible
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
charenton,la.
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We had our La School Bus Convention there this weekend.Everybody said it was one of the best conventions they attended.I have to agree. The staff was one of the best I ever worked with. Starting with Sarah and Carla and ending with Emily and eveybody in between.Shawn carved a school bus ice carving that was out of this world.Everybody was so impressed. The staff was so great everything we asked for they did.The food was awesome!! Thanks to Derrick,Phil,J.J.,Shawn,Nelson, Miki and eveybody else it was a wonderful experience.Thanks Gisele

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, La
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is the second year some friends and I throw a Halloween party in the Presidential suite at the Holiday Inn. The suite is perfect for events such as this. It's very roomy and everything party goers need is available downstairs (no need for them to go in the upstairs sleeping area).

• Stayed October 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel provided one thing after another. I was in town for business. Upon returning to my room my first day I discovered a special facial cream I use for my skin was missing. It was there that morning, but after that evening it was gone. I can see why I stopped by 3 CVS pharmacies and 1 Wal-mart and did not find it. Lastly I was attacked by Bed bugs. They followed me home and I unfortunately carried them home with me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Carnell J

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

North East
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were quite surprised at the look of this hotel when we arrived as it resembles a motel.However our room was very clean,but unfortunately was next to the hotel entrance and every time someone entered or left the door banged.We had our evening meal at the hotel and were very disappointed as most of our meals had been over seasoned.On the plus side the staff were very friendly and helpful.Our waitress arranged for us to have complimentary desserts when we complained about the over seasoning.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the hotel entrance.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lambchopski
MANCHACA
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stopped there on our way to a motorcycle rally in Baton Rouge this last weekend. The front desk staff were delightful and very accomodating. The room was recently updated and stylish. We ate at the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and reasonably priced. The bar is small, but did the trick! We also loved that it is off the highway a bit so the road noise is muffled. Overall, a good find when we took a chance!

Room Tip: We choose outside because we are on a motorcycle and can keep an eye on it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Took a group of students here. The rooms have outside entry, which some people do not like. The conference area was much nicer, but we didn't receive the service that I'm told our group has received in prior years (this was my 1st time to chaperone, so I don't know about prior years). We assumed we would be the only "convention" there, as we were a statewide student convention of several hundred. I know that so many students can be noisy, but I know that at least our students were in rooms by 11 p.m. The problem was that the rooms they assigned for our smaller sessions were scattered amid other groups' meetings. If they had to schedule other meetings, it would've been much better to have them in a separate area (not so much for our students, but for the others). If I had attended one of the other meetings, I would have been pretty upset that the hotel scheduled so many students. Perhaps the others knew about it, but I sincerely doubt it.
The rooms were comfortable and had lots of mirrors (good for teenage girls sharing rooms), but the bathroom was VERY SMALL.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business