“A Happy Ending to a Rough Start”

Ramada Lafayette Conference Center
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Shreveport, Louisiana
“A Happy Ending to a Rough Start”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family was visiting my son at ULL. It was raining (for once - this drought has been looong) and my kids wanted to go outside and play tennis at the hotel. After they did so, their shoes were all wet. The next morning I used the dryer to get their shoes dry, and, I realize, this caused a loud thumping sound for those in the vicinity. I approached the manager, Mr. Derrick Hebert, who offered to dry the shoes under the heat lamps in the kitchen!! Mr. Hebert can't do anything about the old design of the hotel which placed the laundry facilities near sleeping guests. But he came up with a creative solution. Thanks Derrick and to all of the friendly front-desk staff as well as the people in the restaurant including the hostess Ms. Sylvia Lands.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We found this to be a traveler-friendly place. It was clean and comfortable and convenient to ULL. We recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I came to Lafayette to bring my son to UL Lafayette. The town and everyone at the Holiday Inn were wonderful, very friendly, helpful and kind. The rooms were very clean and the bed was always made nice for the next day. When I come back, I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is the typical Holiday Inn Conference Center. It has a large portion of the hotel inside where they have conference rooms, pool, as well as bedrooms. There is also a significant portion of rooms that are outside. The rooms are of decent size. We had a room with a King Bed and Couch. Just think early 1990s, and you will remember what a Holiday Inn looks like.

We stayed at this hotel two nights. The first night wasn't so bad. We stayed in a room inside. The noise indoors echoes, so it can be heard in the room. The hotel had nothing going on, so our room was nice and quiet. Night number 2 was a bad, bad, bad experience. Indoors, the hotel had the worlds largest wedding after-party going on. The music was extremely loud which would keep anyone from being able to go to sleep. Around 11pm, we asked to be moved to a quieter place. We were moved to an exterior room. Around 1am, a group of prom kids showed up in the room next to our new room. Yelling and screaming all night long. I called the front desk 3 or 4 times throughout the night, but the kids never left and never got quiet. The following morning I spoke to the manager, and she offered me free breakfast and 1,000 points to say she was sorry. I declined on the breakfast because we already had plans with family. It has been several months now and I still haven't seen the points show up on my account.

We stayed at the hotel using hotwire. I'll never stay at this hotel again. Any decent hotel wouldn't allow individuals to continually cause disturbance all night.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I'm in the room right now...i feel gross just sitting in here. It's musty. This hotel claims to be remodeled. I'd hate to see what it looked like before! As far as I can tell they've added new bed linens and a fresh coat of paint. Even an old box TV in room. The room has outdoor access. This is not 3 stars! I would expect this sort of room from a Motel 6! I'm astonished b/c this hotel has good reviews. I never writr reviews, but I feel compelled b/c I just don't want someone else to have this experience. I am very disappointed.

1 Thank Krismer
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Was rated number one hotel in area.... Room smelt bad and very old decor... Asked for a refund....

Katy, TX
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This hotel is an old holiday inn dome! We would not stay after arriving due biker rally and our room request would be in the middle of their area! The area is not safe and lots of scary people loitering in the parking lot! Not s place for a family!

1 Thank bloven