“good night sleep, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Lafayette

Travelodge Lafayette
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

A deal off the internet through Hotwire, so I had no idea where I was staying before the deal was concluded. It was a pleasant suprise, in a decent part of town not far off the Freeway. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful he switched me from an upstairs room( no elevator) to downstairs, which was great given the state of my knee's. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. My only complaint would be the lack of parking. There was a large 18 wheeler trailer taking up about 8 spaces of the parking so it was at a premium which was unfortunate. Apart from that all was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travellingkiwi_lass
Mark P, Manager at Travelodge Lafayette, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay with us. Good or bad, we do like to hear from our customers. I'm especially thankful that your stay was a good one. We do work very hard to make each and every guests stay with us enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us here at the Lafayette Travelodge. Sincerely,

Mark Pitre
Owner/GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My two teens and I stayed here one night while bringing another daughter to ULL. It was the cheapest hotel close to the university. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The beds are very comfortable (although a little too comfortable according to my sore back) and everything was sufficiently clean and in working order. The wireless Internet worked great, although it was not password protected - which caused me concern. The continental breakfast is very basic - cereal, muffins, danishes, juice, toast, but no flavored creamer for your coffee (sad face). Oh, and bring your own hairdryer because there's none provided, and the room doesn't have a mini-fridge either. All that said, I would definitely stay here again for a short trip. The price is right and I love the retro look of the hotel. It reminds me of a trip to Florida I took in the late 60s (when I was a very small child)!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I really like staying at this hotel. It's in a great location with the world class restaurant (Blue Dog Cafe) right across the street within walking distance and a great market (Champagne's Market) within two blocks for all your needs. I love the old Live Oak trees on the property, and the nostalgic feel of the older style hotel. It's a great value, great service and a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

DALLAS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I know the overnight price for this 2 DBL bed room was reasonable ($58), but honestly, it was hands-down one of the worst rooms we've ever stayed in...The walls were cracked, as was the ceiling; the overall cleanliness was anything but, the bathroom window was not secure enough for a ground-level room, the carpet was nasty, the bed comforter needed to be burned.... We literally were afraid to remove our shoes! If we hadn't just driven 12 hours and hadn't been too exhausted to search for other lodging, we definitely would NOT had stayed at this location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mark P, Manager at Travelodge Lafayette, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We here at the Lafayette Travelodge strive for 100 % guest satisfaction. Though, we may not always meet that goal, we do try on each and every guest stay. Unfortunately, with your stay, we did not. Being a limited services family run hotel, we try to cater to the small busilness traveler on a budget. Please accept my sincere apology and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Mark Pitre