“1 night stay”

Travelodge Lafayette
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kanab, Utah
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I paid $45 with the AAA discount for a clean and comfortable room mid-week June 2012. The pros: pillow top mattress, good internet connection, lots of lighting and outlets for charging electronics, and better-than-basic cable. The cons: noisy a/c during the night, a coffee maker that needs to be replaced, and a limited selection carbs-only breakfast. The room had some small imperfections and a smallish bathroom and shower, but everything worked well. If I had paid $60 or $70, I'd say this place is average, but for what I paid this was a very good choice.

Room Tip: Be careful turning into the hotel. The narrow entrance is off a busy street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark F
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We got here after driving 7 from Arkansas on our way to Baton Rouge to pick my son up at LSU. I had been reading reviews of hotels all week. I knew we didn't need anything fancy just a clean safe place to sleep. Of all of the hotel reviews I looked at down I-49 this one had the best.

This is NOT a 5-star hotel by any means, but it is a nice place. Beds were comfortable, flat screen tv, bathroom was clean. Coffee maker was kinda dirty but I only brew the coffee for the smell so no big deal there. Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy but filling. Needless to say I have found my stopping spot the next time I head to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank CHSTigersFan
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Spent night on way to New Orleans. Only problem was we ran out of hot water during our showers both in AM and PM. Continental breakfast was exceptionally good.....waffles, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, danish, muffins, juice, coffee, tea. Staff was very nice. Paid very moderate price with AAA discount.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank texasdoxiemama
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Room had everything to be comfortable. Nice bed, flat screen TV with lots of channels, good water pressure. Only surprise was a shower only. A bit noisy near the street, but overall a great value.

Room Tip: room near the office are close to the street, and traffic is a bit loud. Request a room away from t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I'm from Lafayette, and it's always best to stay at a hotel when I visit, it's better than staying with family! This place is located in a good place ( Pinhook Road is BUSY, so be understanding about that) but you're close to a lot of things, close to I10, the airport and many good restaurant. This is not a 5 star hotel, but the staff is super friendly, ( even let me check in very early, like at 2am a full 13 hours before check in at no extra charge) good breakfast, nice rooms, parking in front of your room, for the price, it a real great value, great staff, and I'm going back to Lafayette in 3 weeks for a week, and made my reservations here again! By the way, while I was in Lafayette, my buddy let me use his BMW Motorcycle during my stay, it is a 15,000 dollar ride, I felt very safe with the bike parked in the parking lot in front my room! Nad the house keeping staff, very nice and the front desk even provided me with a microwave and fridge upon request being I was staying for a week!

Room Tip: stay along the back row of rooms, it's furthest away from Pinhook Road, which can be busy and wh...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank skullyballs
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice motel with clean rooms by motel's standart and pretty good bath.
Far away from main road and the directions are not very clear.
Basic breakfast, agian, Okay by motel's standart.
Not bad by value scale.
If you need it only for a night sleep on the road and you dont mind to pay some more - you can look for atoher motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family