Travelodge Lafayette
$64
$139
Residence Inn
$90
All reviewsgeneral hospitalstayed hereinexpensive place to stayoil centermicrowave and fridgeone nightwalking distancebed was comfortablefree breakfastfestivalricarduniversitycerealremodeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I'm from Lafayette, and it's always best to stay at a hotel when I visit, it's better than staying with family! This place is located in a good place ( Pinhook Road is BUSY, so be understanding about that) but you're close to a lot of things, close to I10, the airport and many good restaurant. This is not a 5 star hotel, but the staff is super friendly, ( even let me check in very early, like at 2am a full 13 hours before check in at no extra charge) good breakfast, nice rooms, parking in front of your room, for the price, it a real great value, great staff, and I'm going back to Lafayette in 3 weeks for a week, and made my reservations here again! By the way, while I was in Lafayette, my buddy let me use his BMW Motorcycle during my stay, it is a 15,000 dollar ride, I felt very safe with the bike parked in the parking lot in front my room! Nad the house keeping staff, very nice and the front desk even provided me with a microwave and fridge upon request being I was staying for a week!

Room Tip: stay along the back row of rooms, it's furthest away from Pinhook Road, which can be busy and when leaving the property, use the side road and the red light if you're taking a left on to Pinhook Road, and try Blue Dog Cafe next door, SUPER GREAT FOOD!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank skullyballs
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice motel with clean rooms by motel's standart and pretty good bath.
Far away from main road and the directions are not very clear.
Basic breakfast, agian, Okay by motel's standart.
Not bad by value scale.
If you need it only for a night sleep on the road and you dont mind to pay some more - you can look for atoher motel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Looked clean and definitely worn at first glance. However, the bottom sheet on the bed was stained in several places. One stain was still greasy so by my standards the sheet should have been tossed. The sheets were so old and washed so many times that they were soft and almost sheer.

I had a tough time finding usable plugs to recharge my phone and other devices because the outlets a) didn't work or b) were so old that plugs fell out of them. I eventually unplugged the floor lamp which was "conveniently" plugged into the light switch by the door, laying my devices on the back of a chair. The plug in the bathroom supposedly worked if you flipped on the overhead light. It didn't so I couldn't use a hair dryer or the coffee pot (not that I would have). Plugging in my 5V charger into the same outlet as the TV tripped the breaker.

There were no privacy sheers so I had to keep the curtains closed during the day and there was no light because I had to unplug the floor lamp (see above). There's a lot of traffic -(bumper-to bumper during the day and speeders at night) so it was noisy. Weatherproofing around the door would have helped block the noise and light seeping in at night.

A running toilet and noisy A/C unit (also old) contributed to the noise. I used ear plugs that night.

The hanger hooks on the rack had to have been original because they were completely rusted.

On the plus side the room had a safe, a flat screen TV, free wi-fi and is 300' from the Blue Dog.

Yes, it's cheap and fairly clean but I stayed in other hotels at the same price on my trip which were not shabby or worn and offered fresh interiors.

Room Tip: Possibly a room in the back. I don't recommend a room in the front / near the office.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Convenient and inexpensive motel in Lafayette’s Oil Center near University of Louisiana at Lafayette and less than 10 minutes from airport or downtown. Nothing fancy, nothing shabby, just nice rooms, and a decent free breakfast (featuring New Orleans’ own Community Coffee). Staff was friendly and offered extremely helpful information on local tourist sites. Best feature: It’s across the street from the Blue Dog Café, a popular Cajun-style restaurant with a lively crowd and live music. Other good restaurants are also within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2011

A friend and I stayed here one night on our way to New Orleans. The room was clean and comfortable. It is a no frills place. We were able to park our car right outside the door for easy loading and unloading. The only thing amiss was that the coffee pot looked a little dirty, like it had toothpaste residue on it from being by the bathroom sink, but we didn't use the coffee maker so it wasn't a big deal. The staff was nice and make check in/out easy. I probably wouldn't stay here for an extended period of time, but it was great for the one night.

Room Tip: Online booking is easy
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends