“Keeping driving this place is a dump!”

La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The lobby was dirty. The hotel is very very old and ratty. It is more of a seedy motel than a hotel. The room doors were difficult to open. The room smelled musty and it felt very humid. The toilet was not working properly. The airconditioner barely worked and you sweated out the evening. We selected the property site unseen because we needed a pet friendly hotel....never again will we ever stay here. For the money it should have been much much better. I implore you KEEP DRIVING!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Salomon_Mena, Manager at La Quinta Inn Lafayette North, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Lafayette North La Quinta.
I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Salomon Mena
La Quinta Lafayette North

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Lafayette North

Reviewed May 18, 2009

La Quinta is conveniently located right off of I-10 and I-49. The room was very clean and the clerk provided my husband and I a room located in the rear of the complex that was very quiet. But best of all; they are pet friendly and don't charge extra for this service. We ate at Prejean's which is just two miles up I-49 and the food was delicious. Everytime we travel we stay at La Quinta in Louisiana and Texas and we have never been disappointed .

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2008

This hotel is OLD and in a bad location of town. There are no nice places to eat for miles.. unless you like Waffel House. The rooms were large but old. I had a non smoking room and it smelled nothing but smoke. The door to the room was very hard to open and close. It could not be closed without slamming it. This hotel is not on the interstate.. but not to far from it either. I don't know if the road noise was coming from the Highway, service road or Interstate but all night long I was awoken to what sounded like something was going to bust through the wall. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tigerpaw615
Reviewed June 1, 2008

My tour group of 40 stayed here for a night's stay. As I didn't go with the optional Cajun dance and meal experience, myself and the other 5 that didn't go found the eating places limited. There was just a Shoneys where the chef didn't turn up that night so only having buffet or the Holiday Inn, where it was pricey for what it was. If I did find out what was around by the place before I jetted off, I would gone for the Cajun evening as there was nothing else to do. After my meal at Shoney's, I went back to my room and watched TV and drank a beer, which I purchased the day before.

The motel was clean and basic. The problem was breakfast. As with tour groups, they generally have breakfast at the same time as need to be on the coach by a certain time. The breakfast area is too small for 40 of us eating at the same time. Some stood up to have their breakfast. I even saw one fellow tour person grabbing some food for him and his wife to eat in their room. I saw a few guests that weren't on the tour having breakfast, it was unfair on them. I did mention this on the tour review questionnaire.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Better than average bed, room appears to have been updated recently. Room was adequate size and was very clean. Saw one bug in the room, but would guess that's not unusual in this part of Louisiana. Breakfast was standard fare with very good fruit. Front desk staff was friendly. This hotel has a large number of rooms, and it appears that construction workers headquarter here during the week. That was not a problem in any way, except that rooms may be priced lower on weekends. No computer access was offered in the small front lobby.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 1, 2008

Rooms ok but small. If you happen to be a light sleeper you might want to take some ear plugs. This seemed to be a "party" hotel with loud motorcycles and people into the wee hours in the central, open "courtyard" parking lot. If we weren't with a group we would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 10, 2008

We had stayed there before and the first time was fine. We were satisfied, that's why we chose to stay there again. This time when we got there the young lady at the front was very friendly, but that was not the problem. We asked to look at the room before we payed, she let us look at the room, we were not pleased with the way the bed looked. It looked like it really had been used and needed replacing. We told her we diidn't want it. She told us to go and look at room 175, we went to look and the key would not work. We returned to the front desk and told her the key would not work, a lady was asked to fixed another key and she got all upset saying that was not her job. I was thinking to myself, this should be a working enviroment were everyone work together to make the customer satisfied. We went back to the front desk and she told us to look at room 275. The room was very spacious we excepted the room, it was getting late and we had to be somewhere else at five o'clock. We had to buy flip-flops to use to take a shower. I perfer taking a bath, but had to settle for a shower because the tub was terrible. It had black stuff in the bottom of it that would not come out. Around the edges of the tub had black stuff as well. The room had a terrible odor, we had to buy air freshner to try and get rid of the odor. The bed looked as if someone had been sitting on it because the covers were dented in from body prints. Before we left, my fiance' told the lady at the front desk about our stay and also told her that I would be doing this review .
Roy Hill and Sharon Sims