“Bait and Switch Hotel”

La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked a king room at this hotel with their Iphone app. When I arrived, I was given a key. The room had two twin beds and had not yet been made up from the previous stay. It was 4:45PM. When I returned to the front desk, I had to wait in line while 5 other people complained that they had reserved a king room and did not get one. When it was my turn, I showed the email confirmation stating a king room. Was told no king rooms available and housekeeping was running a little late. No attempt was made to find another La Quinta that had a king bed. Called La Quinta reservations. They booked a king room in Breusard, south of Lafayette but $20 higher. I asked them to check king bed availability at the North Lafayette property and they said it still had king rooms available which was not true! This sounds like a bait and switch scam! I usually get good service from La Quinta, but not this time and don't trust their reservation system. Call the hotel direct!

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct if you want the real answer if a specific room is available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LouisianaPilot

Reviewed September 28, 2013

worst Laquinta I have stayed in during the past month. run down property, half of it shut down for "renovations: my reservation as a gold member was for a king with fridge and microwave. 1st room they checked me into was still dirty. had no 1st floor rooms available yet the parking lot was empty. checked into a double with no fridge or microwave. had to kill a silverfish that was on the pillow , room smelled but was a non smoking room. the room door has light coming in all around it, not a tight fit. big sign out front for weekly rates which attract the wrong crowd......enough said never stay here again-Laquinta should dump this property and give it back to motel 6 or something

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank omnidrew
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dirty, sketchy area (prostitutes, drug dealers, weirdos and creeps), the price was falsely advertised, and they raised the rate after one day because a festival was starting. I have had good experiences in La Quintas in general, regarding cheap chain hotels, but this one was plain gross. Unfortunately, the other motels were even more scary, so I had to make do. Thus, I give it 2 stars, which is quite generous.

Room Tip: There are no 'good' rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a quick, convenient stop over for just 1 night. Nothing to complain about at all. Greeting from the front desk staff was very welcoming, and very helpful. Clean comfortable rooms. We have stayed here before while passing through, and will do so again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank 815allisonm
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband & I arrived late and needed a place to crash before heading to Florida for our vacation. I have to say the room was clean and neat. One thing I didn't understand was the cheaper room had two double beds in it so that's what we booked. The bed was horrible! We both sank together to the middle of the bed and that was NOT the worse issue. It was ALL THE NOISE! I guess we picked the wrong location to sleep because this one was soooo loud all night long. There was collage aged people all over the place and they were making this place a party place. There was a couple of girls rolling around & around & around & around the parking lot booming the music so loud. I guess they thought that if they did that maybe someone would come out and keep the party going on! well I think around 5 am we finally fell asleep. When we were checking out the lady behind the counter asked us how our stay was & I told her it was the worst night of sleep we have ever had. She said "oh that's because the collage kids were parting after they got out of the bars and on the weekends to expect it"! ARE YOU SERIOUS! Well one good thing about this location is the FREE BREAKFAST was really good. If you want to stay here maybe during the week would be better. As for us we will never come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have read several reviews and it is true, we had bugs, too. We had roaches in the bathroom of our room. We, too, were tired after driving from Florida on our way to Texas and my husband didn't want to go to another hotel. We also had three children with us and this hotel had a family room which I thought was cool. I had three double beds in it but they were uncomfortable and the room smelled musty. There was mildew in the restroom and the toilet did not flush very well. I did let the desk clerk know. There were a lot of people wandering around the parking lot at night also. It was fairly quiet back in the corner where our room was located.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family