“family reunion”

La Quinta Inn Lafayette North
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed September 26, 2012

the room was very spacious and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and nice. The breakfast was superb and delicious. The beds were so comfortable that I really didn't want to get up. I can't wait til next year to stay for my family reunion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

All of the staff was friendly! The room was clean & nice. The coffee maker was nasty. I ran water thru it several times. Bits of filth were coming out in the water. It appeared to me that this was because it hasn't been used in a while. Maybe housekeeping should run some vinegar water thru the coffee maker to clean it, occasionally. Needless to say I got coffee from the lobby instead. The exterior of the hotel is run down & in need of repairs & painting. Seemed to be a rough neighborhood. My company reserved & paid for the room. I would stay again if that is where the company put me. Probably would not stay on my dime. Service at the Waffle House next door is terrible.

Room Tip: "I would suggest trying a top floor room if you stay here".We stayed on the bottom floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were suprisingly good given that it seemed to be in a bad area. Clean rooms without odor. The pedestrian traffic nearby was a concern when we first checked in but overall the stay worked out fine.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is my go-to hotel in Lafayette. I stay here for festival weekends a few times each year. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The beds are fantastic--fluffy comforters and crisp sheets. The bathroom tubs are showing their age, but it is always clean. The location is perfect for me. I've stayed at the other hotels on this strip at one time or another over the years, but this one is the best value for a person on a budget like me. The breakfast here includes hot waffles, decent juice that isn't runny, yogurt, cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins--better than most hotels in this price range. I'll continue to stay here.
Also, it is pet friendly, but I've never been bothered by a four-legged guest. I appreciate the dog-bag dispenser they have to encourage pet-owning guests to be respectful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

1) Found dirt on bed. Husband said to just wipe it off (he was in a bad mood from traveling).

2) Found hair on pillow. I obviously did not use that one!

3) Sink, tub & toilet bowl had mildew looking stuff on them. Not sure if it was just stains or dirt/mildew.

4) Found a towel draped over shower curtain rod as if someone just threw it up there after they used it or to get it out of the way.

5) Found bobby-pins on bathroom sink counter.

6) Pillows felt like someone wadded up a bunch of rags and shoved them into pillow cases.

7) Bed was the MOST uncomfortable bed I've EVER slept in in my life. When I got off the edge it felt like the bed would break in half and fall to the ground. I checked to see if it was two twins pushed together. It didn't look like it but sure felt like it! I just recently has shoulder surgery and this did not help the pain!!!!

8) While taking a shower someone must have been using the shower too in another room because all of a sudden the water pressure got really weak and the water got COLD. I turned it all the way up but it never got warm. Then the next thing I know the water pressure comes back and I almost got burnt! Literally!

9) Grab a towel to put on my hair and there is a black stain. I have no idea if it was clean or if it was just a stain.

I will never stay at this LaQuinta again. We always use LaQuinta and for the most part are very pleased. But this time I was extremely dissatisfied. And that on top of my husband telling me to just ignore it because he didn't want to have to carry the suitcases in and out of another room just made it worse. I'm still exhausted! I eventually had to take a muscle relaxer to be able to fall asleep.

• Stayed: August 2012