“Value for money”

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Zaandam
“Value for money”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a fine hotel in the hart of the Cajun county. We stayed here for 2 days and were sightseeing the region. The hotel was a good basis with a nice bed, good breakfast, nice staff. Good value for money

Room Tip: Don' t get excited about the name swimming pool it is small and was not very clean at all. A lot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had to come to town to give a training session for work. The meeting room here was perfect, we had about 10-15 people present, and the hotel provided coffee & water for the attendees. They also gave me a discount on my room for reserving the business meeting room. Room was on the first floor, very clean & comfy. The breakfast wasn't bad--could use a few more hot options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brentwood, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The beds were extremely comfortable and clean. My stay was very nice. I would recommend this hotel. My only complaint was their use of window units. I could feel the humidity in the air. Also, it is more difficult to control the temperature with these units.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay at the Hampton Inn in Lafayette, LA was as expected. The location was convenient at Ambassador and I-10 so getting there and then to my appointment in Lafayette was very easy. The bed was comfortable and the room did not have any type of musty smell or anything. Room was clean and the wifi worked well. I had no complaints about the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Brandon, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was very impressed with the cleaniness and comfort of our room. It smelled fresh and clean plus they gave us plenty of towels. I would recommend this hotel as well as any Hampton Inn anywhere across the country.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns in various cities and have always been pleased with the accommodations. Last week I was in Lafayette, La for a conference that I had driven 4 hours to attend. The hotel appeared "ok". I did notice that it was musty and humid in the hallways - but no big deal. I worked at my commuter until about 9:00 p.m. When I got up to get ready for bed, I noticed a roach crawling on the floor, then another on the wall, and in the bathroom. I called the front desk to report the roaches and request another room. I was told there we no other rooms. The lady at the front desk did offer to try to find me another hotel, but I was later told there were no hotels with vacancies. I requested roach spray and a swatter and she gave both to me. I was told that I would not be charged for the room. I did not get any sleep. The next morning I had to be at a meeting at 7:00 a.m. The bill - which also included a state tax charge for which I had submitted an exemption form upon arrival - had been placed under my door. When I went to check out and explain the situation to the "early shift" desk clerk, she told me I would have to speak to the manager who was not there. I have called the hotel 9 times in the last week and left 4 messages for the manager. I have yet to speak to her. Needless to say I am not satisfied and would not recommend this particular hotel.

1 Thank Cathey C
Florence, az
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Rooms are small, no screens on windows. One night a large group of kids were running up and down the halls, yelling, screaming and slamming doors all evening. A very noisey playground atmosphere. When I called the front desk, the screaming and yelling could be heard over the phone. This hotel chain used to cater primarily to business class people, or at least have a separate section for business oriented people. Not any more. Installing cushioning strips on the solid heavy doors would help a lot in reducing the noise when they close. Housekeeping was ok and breakfast was decent.