“Average”

Hampton Inn Lafayette
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 15, 2011

All very standard Hampton. Breakfast was however below par. Maybe 9 am was too late for fruit- only whole apples available. No lo fat yoghurts.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and the feedback regarding our breakfast. Through comments like yours, we are able to make positive changes for our customers. Please consider using us again the next time you are in the area.

Adrienne Thorpe

Reviewed April 22, 2011

we stayed here one night of an 8 day road trip at a cost of 98.00+tax. no other hotel we stayed at in this price range came close to this one in satisfaction. the check in staff were so cheerful , and helpful with local info/restaurant ideas etc. every staff we encountered including housekeeping asked how we were doing. everything was exceptionally clean,including the pool area. rooms were comfortable and spacious. there is a mcrowave/frig/coffee in the room.the breakfast (included) had more selections than usual,including my favorite, the waffle maker.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I agree with you, the waffle maker is the best! Please let us know if we can ever assist you in the future.

Adrienne Thorpe

Reviewed February 22, 2011

The hotel is immaculate, and the location is easy in and easy out, will always choose this location in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and i stayed at the Hampton inn Lafayette last week and the hotel has renovated the bathrooms with the most beautiful granite. I felt that I was at a big Hilton hotel.

Kudos to the GM, Kenneth and his staff, Brandi, Linda et al. They sent us to the best Restaurants and attractions.

We will be back

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This is the last time I will ever stay at a Hampton Inn because of this place.
The first room we got had a ceiling that either was full of mold or had seen a fire. The sheets were thread bare on top of the mattress only (no pad) The comforter's were lumpy balls (wrong method of cleaning?) and the mattress was lumpy. We were moved to a room a little better, but had it not been too late to find another place, I would have left. $91.00 rip off even with a AARP discount card.....Beware, I too thought Hampton Inn to be better quality

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank honda1996
Reviewed October 18, 2010

As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member (I stay approx. 80 nights a yr in Hiltons) I was greatly disappointed in the Lafayette Hampton Inn. I am so surprised at the unusual low quality of this Hilton property, and more so with the above average/excellent comments left by other TripAdivsor members. When making my online reservation using my already built account info (requesting a room on a higher floor away from the elevator and vending) this property reserved me a room next to the elevator and vending. With only a few cars in the parking lot the three nights I stayed I’m led to think there were other room options available. This is the first time this has happened with a Hilton property this year. Lafayette was the 14th location I’ve visited this year alone. My room was extremely outdated. I see a gentleman reviewed this location in 2003 and had the same comment. It would seem to me the tv and furniture are 8-10 yrs old and show a great deal of wear. After flying in from MN I was ready to hit the bed. I was welcomed with a nice black strained of hair on my pillow. The wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling from the wall. The toilet has yellow stains. The exhaust vent in the bathroom is rusted and almost clogged with dust and dirt. The room walls themselves are dirty and scuffed up. The heat/ac box cover came off when I lifted it to adjust the temp. It remained on top the heating/ac unit during my stay. The one computer with printer for guest use had no internet capabilities. Not only was I in need of it to print out some items, but three ladies sitting nearby also informed me the situation was brought to the attention of the hotel clerk on duty and nothing was done. I originally booked my stay for seven days. Needless to say I checked out after three evenings. The value you receive is nowhere near the price. A couple positives – breakfast is out at 6am as promised. I drink tea and had to ask twice for caffeinated tea. The hotel has six decaffeinated options for guests out on the table. The location is right off the interstate and easy to get to which is great when you’re returning from a 12-13 hr workday. The only dining options nearby are fast food. Will I continue to stay at Hampton Inn properties? Sure – I’m staying in one again this evening. Mental note…there are other hotel options in the vicinity of this Hampton to stay at next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Journyer99
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Needed a nice hotel convenient to I-10. The Hampton is within spitting distance of I-10 exit 100. The lobby is attractive, the staff pleasant and efficient, and the rooms immaculate and comfortable. There was a sign in the lobby "Free food and drink 5-7pm Mon-Thurs." Expected breakfast but dinner was a surprise: barbecued ribs, salad and dessert plus red or white wine. Highly recommend the Hampton Inn (not to be confused with Hampton Inn and Suites which is close by).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo