“Average low end motel”

Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Sweden
“Average low end motel”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Lots of lots of bad reviews for this place. I however booked it via priceline for $30 so I can't complain. Yes the bathroom was sort of a mess, the walls were unevenly painted and looked stained and worn, but the bed was clean and comfy so for the price I doubt I could have found anything better. I wouldn't stay here for a vacation, but just passing through it was ok for one night. Highway is very close so beware if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInnuniversity, Manager at Days Inn Lafayette/University, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I apologize for any issues you had while you were here. If you would like to contact me about your recent stay I would really appreciate it. We hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in Lafayette, LA.
Derek Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice. The location is perfect for us. Really close to where we are visiting. The first time we stayed, we had a non-smoking king sized bed room. The mattress left a lot to be desired. It sunk in the middle, and I felt like I was rolling all night. We decided to try this hotel again for our return trip because the price is very reasonable. We again chose a non-smoking king room. This time the bed was perfect. As soon as I laid down, I was asleep. I slept so late that I missed the free breakfast. The only issue I had with the room was that the shower head is turned sideways and there's no way to turn it toward the center. This made it a bit difficult to shower. I would recommend this hotel. The only reason I gave it a 4 was because of our first experience there, the showerhead, and because of some paint touch-ups needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Days Inn/Lafayette. We appreciate your business and the fact that you took time out of your busy day to give us a review. Have a great weekend, and we hope to see you again, soon.
Derek
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the professional staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. The free breakfast was nice and the free wifi was a bonus. We will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone on a budget.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our property and staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was ok for one night but it was pretty run down and the first room we went in stunk like someone was smoking weed and then I saw a drag queen staying at the hotel so it was all an interesting experience and stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
DaysInnuniversity, Manager at Days Inn Lafayette/University, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at Days Inn Lafayette. We had a Mardi Gras Krewe staying at the property and they were in costumes for a Ball they were attending. We hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the problems. Thank you for staying at Days Inn Lafayette.
Derek Brown

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels