“Good experience”

Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
San Francisco, California
“Good experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I visited Lafayette recently on work. Living at the Days Inn was a pleasant experience. A very decent place for the price.
Ample parking space is certainly an added advantage. Very amicable staff that tries its best to make you feel comfortable.
I had been here a couple of years ago but the property has undergone a lot of renovation and is a different place now. Would certainly like to live here the next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ARR18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My son woke up with 93 huge bed bug bites. Do NOT stay here. You will regret it. Day's Inn should disenfranchise this location because it is damaging their brand name.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank Jan L
DaysInnuniversity, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette/University, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
The following response is respectfully submitted. First and foremost it should be noted that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of The Days Inn.

Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at theDays Inn, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken off-line; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. The guest was also personally contacted by the General Manager. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this guest experienced. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Sheila

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Rome, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The good. Convenient to many places we went. Reasonable rate for what it was. OK breakfast in line with the price. We didn't have many of the issues others have had

THE BAD:
1) I can't believe the local fire marshall lets them get away with the state of the electrical outlets.
2 of ours were pulled out of the walls and extensive use of extension cords

2) No digital tv (TV but an old one)

3) slow internet in the lobby and no printer. (worked fine in the room)

4) toilet dirty with black marks

5) shabby all over the property. but there was some effort to keep up with it

6) some loud guests but not later than 10:30 pm which was fine

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
DALLAS
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Excellent Hotel!! I made reservations weeks in advance and upon arrival I was greeted with a friendly front desk clerk. I dont remember the young lady name but it was the fastest check in process i have ever experience. As i entered the room my a/c was on and it was nice and cool. The room smelled fresh and clean. The breakfast was awesome it was a great continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed February 24, 2012

the only thing good is truck parking
I have baby roaches the bathtub look like they were cleaning truck parts in it
time to go the front desk the bathtub in the sink is stopped up
the first thing you notice is the smell in the roaches greet you at the dooroh my god I hope we don't have no bed bugs in it words cannot describe what this room looks like it is [--] up

• Stayed February 2012
DaysInnuniversity, Manager at Days Inn Lafayette/University, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Kenny Picard, Manger, Days Inn in Lafayette, LA

Sorry to hear that there was problems with your stay. I am the new supervisor of this hotels and took your resonds and had everything fix I work around the clock to make your that all the problems was fix in every room. Do hope you will give us one more try. Once again I am very sorry to here about your last stay and it will not happen again.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Although I would have preferred to be closer to the event I was attending, I was very happy with the service and accommodations of this location. The room was spotless. When I made the reservation I forgot to ask about discounts. After a conversation with the clerk, I learned I could get a discount(AARP). The manager did not hesitate to make the adjustment. Location of the hotel is right off the interstate so going back and forth was easy. I highly recommend this place. And they offer free breakfast along with very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Ask about smoking or non-smoking suties.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kenny Picard, Manger, Days Inn in Lafayette, LA

I am happy to here you had a good stay with us, and that the stay took care of any needs you had and that they mad your stay a good one and pleasant stay. I hope you will come again and stay with us in the future.
Conroe, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I checked into this motel on October 21, 2011. When we checked into our room (105), the receptionist said she would call us in 10 minutes to see if all was OK with the room (unusual in my experience). We did an inspection for bedbugs as we had been doing during this road trip and didn't find any. We saw a spot on one of the box springs but didn't recognize it as a sign of bedbug activity. When we woke up, there were blood stains on the sheets and we saw one live bug. When we reported it to reception, we got an apology and a refund. The maintenance man told us they had treated the room for bedbugs and the room had been closed up for a month. He was extremely apologetic and we suspected he may have been the owner or manager. We have researched the subject of bedbugs and will be more alert and knowledgeable in future inspections. We took the precaution of drying our bedclothes and my pillow at a laundromat on the highest temperature for 45 minutes to kill any bugs or their eggs. I feel we dodged a bullet since we didn't take the problem home with us. Five days later, I started reacting to the bites (I got over two dozen), which didn't show up or itch right away. A few days ago, I checked bedbugreports.com and didn't see this motel as having a report of activity, which it should have. It was a truly negative experience and I am warning my family and friends to be cautious when it comes to this growing problem.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irene J
Kenny Picard, Manger, Days Inn in Lafayette, LA

I am very sorry too hear about the problem with the bed bugs, we have now train you staff to inspect the in more detail on finding the bed bugs and to report it to mangers on duty. That way we can debug the room and give it a real good cleaning that way we no will have this problem again. And we are really sorry you had that experience at our hotel.