“Not terrible, but could have been better”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was good. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the non-smoking floor and had to be moved immediately due to the horrible cigarette smell. Shondra was extremely helpful and accommodating. The 2nd room was good, but walls in shower could use a good scrub. Breakfast was fine for continental and beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. Overall a good experience and I would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our establishment! I do apologize for the second floor, we've recently converted our downstairs to completely non-smoking, but we still have a few smoking rooms upstairs. I have also spoken with housekeeping this morning concerning scrubbing the walls and attention to detail. We want you to be not only comfortable during your stay, but also we want our customers to be wowed! Hopefully during your next stay we can deliver the WoW factor!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I got a good deal price ways. The room was a double bedded room. There was chair stuffed into one corner that was basically useless. The room way too small for two double beds. The bath area walls could use a good cleaning. the breakfast was sub par. no orange juice, probably because of no delivery because of the holiday. No restaurants close by. About a mile away there were some fast food restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2traveltoo2
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found that our price was satisfying for your needs. I am sorry you weren't able to utilize the chair in the corner, it is positioned directly under a ceiling light for your convenience. Some of our guests enjoy reading in a cushioned chair rather than sitting on the bed or the office chair provided in-room. We are right off the I-49 & 1-10 Intersection and unfortunately there are no restaurants in walking distance, besides Shoney's, Waffle House, and within .5 mile there are a series of fast food restaurants. Also, there are nearly 127+ restaurants within a 2 mile radius of our hotel, that's not including some of the gems, like Prejean's or Jolie's, which are approximately 3.1 miles away from us. I am sorry your stay with us wasn't what you were hoping for, but I really think you missed out on some of the food options in our area. I do understand that sometimes after a long drive, especially if one is unfamiliar with the area, it is a little taxing to have to look for a place to eat, but Alas! There is even a restaurant delivery service which will go to nearly any restaurant in Lafayette and deliver it to you! Next time you are in the area don't hesitate to stop by and get some local suggestions! Maybe your next stay with us will be everything you need and more!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am always amazed by this staff, Mehul Patel is my favorite employee, ask for him, and he will surely take care of any issues or concerns you may have, the rest of the staff is exceptional as well, not pushy, just helpful and kind. Very quiet and I have never experienced any problems, I stay there at least twice a month for business and it is a second home. Love it!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa L

You spoil us with your kind words! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! Mehul is a great employee and is often overlooked because his late shifts, but I am so glad to know such a valued customer of ours acknowledges his efforts in outstanding customer service! Also, Ms. Lisa, you are an absolute pleasure serving and I hope to see even more of you!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The bed and betting are great; the sheets the most comfortable I have ever had. The hotel staff was most helpful throughout - including a medical emergency - and most knowledgeable about local events. The business room computer is quite slow, though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First off I'd like to say "Thank You". Your review is so kind! We do LOVE our beds, the pillow-top mattresses are extra-comfy! We try to keep up with all local events in the area, because often our guests are in the mood for some local tom foolery and we aim to facilitate our guests needs! As for our business center computer, we are actively seeking a replacement. Hope to see you whipping through webpages at the speed of light with our new computer! We appreciate your warm comments and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First arrived the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. I reserve 2 rooms, 1 king handicap with a shower; the handicap bathroom and room was excellent, very clean. The bedding was clean and comfortable with pillow top mattress. The second room was a 2 bed queen suite, I can only say goods things about this room also. The sofa made into a bed all the bedding was provided. 7 of us stayed 3 days, always plenty of towels. The rooms were cleaned in a timely manner. The breakfast room was clean, the coffee good, juice machine, cereal, sweet rolls and waffles. The staff at check out thank me for our stay and really made me feel like they appreciated my business. We are in Lafayette several times a year, this was my first visit to the Best Western would highly recommend. We will be returning to the Best Western with my family will be back.

Room Tip: Several hotels in the Area but highly recommend the Best Western.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanapsmith
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor and thank you for your stay with us! We are so glad you chose to bring your family to our hotel! We are currently in the process of making our hotel even better by implementing a hot deluxe breakfast, and upgrading our décor! We hope you visit us soon to see our new changes in 2014!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western in Lafayette on 11/19/2013. After being on the road all day it is
nice to be able to check in to an establishment that treats guests with excellent customer service.
I have stayed at many of the hotels in Lafayette, and this will be the only one I will stay in from
now own. The hotel room was immaculate. It is nice when you walk in a room and there is
a pleasant smell. This is not always the case when you visit numerous hotels. The bed was
very comfortable and I had a nice check in and check out. If you stop at the hotel, I am sure Matt
will make you feel like a long lost relative.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words and your amazing review on TripAdvisor! We pride ourselves on a clean and comfortable hotel and excellent customer service is a key feature in making a good environment great! I prefer to think of us less of long-lost relatives and more like newly found family! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were on a pleasure trip with another couple. The hotel was extremely clean, comfortable, had sufficient storage and sufficient mirrors. We were most comfortable during our stay. A full hot breakfast would have been better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We were so happy to have your group stay with us! It was an absolute pleasure! We appreciate your gracious review on TripAdvisor and look forward to seeing you all again! We want to emphasize our "care" when concerning our guests, and announce that we will indeed have a hot deluxe breakfast in 2014! Hope to see you soon!