“TripAdvisor”

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, United States
“TripAdvisor”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a lovely Hotel. They were Pet Friendly, which is important since we travel with our little dog. We only wish they would have offered scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage. The Hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank Fred And Virgin... S
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor! We are proudly a Pet-Friendly hotel and we pay extra special attention to the cleanliness of rooms that have had our little extra guests visit! I noticed you would have liked it if we had scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage, and for your most recent stay, I'm sorry that we did not have that available, ALTHOUGH, we will have a deluxe hot breakfast coming SOON! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Deridder, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month as I travel for business, I am a Best Western rewards member and proud of it!! The staff is always friendly and when I come in I am always treated with respect and excellent customer service. Always clean and quiet, I sleep like a baby:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Lisa! We appreciate your business and are so glad that you frequent us as your business hotel of choice! If there is anything we can do to improve, please let us know! Thank you for your kind words and extremely pleasurable personality, we are blessed to have customers as great as you!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Check in quick 'n' painless, desk staff pleasant. Room smaller than standard but very nicely furnished, clean. Bed very comfortable. Refrigerator, microwave (you can buy popcorn at the vending station), iron. Free fast wifi, lots of accessible plugs. Like other reviewers, I found the desk chair far too low for the desk, but being inherently inventive and adaptable, I solved this problem with two bed pillows. Standard free breakfast.

Got a good price on Expedia and consider this to be a good value. Close to I-10, lots of fast food/chains nearby. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MKBlackwood
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your very gracious response on Trip advisor! We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay and especially from a senior Trip advisor contributor we are proud to know that we are doing well by your expectations! We will be expanding our breakfast soon as well as becoming 100% Non-Smoking, so visit us soon to see our new changes! We would love to have you with us again!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our stay at this BW was highlighted bythe finding & enjoyment of Jolie's restaurant graced by the suggestion of Matthue @ the front desk...He gave us the gift of advising us on this local Bistro...we were in a convenient area for our needs..the smoke in the Hall area was strong...but this was due to the construction crew that seemed to be staying there & would smoke on the exit door area...opening door sweep the smell inward.. Our room was clean & the smoke dn invade our area... Our dog was quiet happy with the set up...BW always give us value for Our stay....Our beds comfy, our tub was a pleasure to soak after a long drive......breakfast was sufficient & coffee excellent.. This BW was smaller & the staff was very helpful & cheerful.....,Mathue is a gem... we will be back to Lafayette to explore more & eat @ Jolie's....Thanks again Matthue...

Room Tip: If ye are nonsmoker. & sensitive ..ck room before hand for the odor strength..front desk was qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor! Jolie's is an excellent restaurant and that's exactly why I suggested it! Good People, Good Food, and Great Service. I do apologize for the construction team who was leaving their door open while smoking, it really does inconvenience our guests and we are looking into moving rooms, but also, I believe we should forewarn guests who smoke, to not leave doors open. I too love our comfy beds! I am so glad you enjoyed our in-room coffee as well, I have alot of guests who actually come for our in-room coffee. It's a strong Colombian blend that's absolutely tasty. I appreciate all the nice things you've filled my ego with :P Now, I must prepare for your return and exceed your expectations! Thanks again and we cannot wait to see you!
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I got a non-smoking room. When I went to shower in the morning, the smell of smoke was so strong that I felt like I was in a small room with a dozen smokers smoking. It was so bad, I was coughing hard, my sinuses and eyes were completely irritated. I felt like crap for more than a day. When I complained, I was told that my NON-smoking room was NEXT to a smoking room. REALLY? The desk clerk didn't see how that was any problem. BEST WESTERN, GET REAL!

Room Tip: DON"T STAY HERE if you're a non-smoker!!!
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen K
United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Getting a non-smoking room is meaningless at this hotel. The elevator and hallways reek of smoke. The bathroom was just clean enough. The furnishings were dirty. Breakfast was nothing to brag about. Service from the desk staff was subpar. Couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah P
I would like to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of smoke in the hallway and elevator. Although our hotel public areas are smoke free we do have smoking rooms and based on the consideration of our smoking guests sometimes their smoke from the rooms may leak into the hallway depending on the severity of smoke in the room. We are currently planning on moving our smoking rooms to the second level and keeping our non-smoking rooms at ground level to attempt at eliminating the inconvenience that had occurred and still accommodate our smoking guests. I also do apologize that our front desk staff wasn't up to your expectations, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service and I'm sorry that our front desk was not capable of creating a pleasant solution to the issues you had experienced. We do hope that you would try us out again!
Greenville, Alabama
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at best western's across the us and i must say that this one is the best one i have stayed at it is super clean , priced right at like 83.00 for a single room. The rooms are very large and homie i felt like i was sleeping in my own bed so if ure in laf. la drop in at the best western and catch some shut eye

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am so glad that you've taken the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! Your kind words are very comforting! We are very proud of our pillow-top mattresses and we pride ourselves on having great customer service at a reasonable price, so we are extremely grateful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay! If you love us now, you're sure to love us even more in the future, as we are adding a bunch of new features to our establishment! We hope to see you soon!