“Lovely Hotel”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I enjoyed every day of my stay. The front desk staff was very helpful and the room was very clean. The hotel is located right by the interstate and was easy to find although the roads in Lafayette are a little crazy, I was able to find them okay. I will be staying here again in December.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tom G
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for your writing a review of my hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you and we can't wait to provide excellent service to you when you arrive in December! I am so happy to know that you found the hotel to meet your needs during your stay. It is never easy traveling in a new town late at night and having to worry about where you are, but with our location being close to I-10, I am glad we were able to come through for you!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Oddly arranged hotel, though, relative to non-smoking rooms. They're mixed in with the smoking rooms... across the hall or right next door. The desk clerk gave me my choice and I picked one across the hall from smoking. No problems (despite my being allergic to smoke), so can't complain. Would make much more sense to keep the smoking rooms separate from the non-smoking and hit the credit card of smokers who defile non-smoking rooms for the cost of cleanup. The hotel where I stayed in San Antonio charged $250 for that... sounds good to me!

Room Tip: Be cautious about where the smokers are.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TravelingJonesy

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. I am so glad the staff was able to provide a great experience. I am also very glad that you had a comfortable room experience, we pay special attention to our cleanliness and customer service. We are looking into providing a more secular arrangement for our smoking rooms to provide an even better experience on your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The staff was extremely nice and helpful with information.The room was very clean and very comfy. The smell of Indian cooking would take your breath when entering the loby and hall, and the breakfast was lousy and not what I thought there add in the motel discount led me to beleave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank George Y

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review of your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a nice visit here in our city. I have looked into our breakfast and have made major improvements on our selections and abundance based on your review! Thanks for helping us improve our standards and improve our customer's experience. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

So, I have just come back from a trip to Cozumel, MX, flew to Dallas, drove to Austin, TX and then drove nearly 12 hours through flat country to come upon this gem in Lafayette, LA. Let me say, I was not the nicest person and I was tired, but Matt was extremely helpful. He offered me their rewards program, as I've been offered from MANY hotels before and I just didn't want to listen. He changed subject and ask about my trip, then sure enough he was signing me up on what is actually a really decent program. Ha, so now I had to be super-critical! The price was extremely cheap, and there was new updates to the hotel that weren't shown on the pictures! Room was very clean! Restaurants in the area were so delicious!!! I love cajun food!!
Rooms are nice and cold and everything is quiet. The location is right off of the interstate! I will be staying here for maybe 2 more days this week, then off to Chicago!

Room Tip: If you are saving money and want a great night's sleep. This place was only $89 USD. I a having...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Kim K
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your valuable opinion regarding our location and area. Please do consider us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past two years and have always been pleased.
It is quite.
Fair to middeling breakfast.
And good internet.
Staff is very friendly!!
Nice comfortable beds, clean sheets, smells nice no overpowering smells.

Room Tip: Quite but close to I-10
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank jmlollar

Your feedback is very welcome as it helps us to continuously grow and evolve. Thank you for sharing your honest comments pertaining to our staff and breakfast. We hope that you will return at a future date to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was alittle hestitant staying here cause of the other reviews. However I have to say this place was nice,clean and customer service was very friendly. The bed was really comfortable and room was updated. Breakfast was standard but had a lot of variety. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank cansand

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us. We value your business and thank you for the insight regarding our bed and breakfast. We wish all guests to have a convenient and accommodating experience, and we thank you for sharing your rating.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Staff is rude, dirty and for the price you can problably stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RachelMNewYork

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we value your comments about our staff and price. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you again for taking the time to rate your experience.