“Horrible service!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is first time I am writing review about any business. We go all the time at this resturant with family friends but during our last visit. Our meal and service was horrible. My wife found tiny pieces of rocks in rice. Our food was serve but we didn't plates. When we got plates there is naan. When I made complaint to resturant owner he did not even Apologize he ignored us. Someone even told us that they serve left over food in Buffett. Next time if I feel like eating indian food we will travel to Baton Rouge.

1  Thank Starvi

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I had the monday lunch special which was such a deal. Filling, great flavors. Best indian food ive had in over a decade in the us. And i travel everywhere!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We go down to Masala with our daughter and son-in-law when we visit them in Alexandria, Louisiana which is a bit over 1 hour away. The lunch buffet is similar to other Indian restaurants, but we always order off the menu because you can get your food mild, medium, hot, or Indian hot and all of us, except my wife like really hot food. My wife likes medium. The food is very flavorful and we have not had anything here we did not like. My only complaint is that service can be a little slow, but that is that they prepare each dish only after you order it, rather than heating up pre-made food. They are slow to bring out drinks too, and that is something they need to fix. My son-in-law and I like that they have a couple of nice Belgian beers, which we prefer to the bland Indian beers. Ultimately, the quality of the food, trumps the minor annoyances of waiting.

1  Thank grizz9
Reviewed December 17, 2012

While traveling on business I made sure to stop in and have dinner at this restaurant 1-2times a week (4week stay).. Xcellent Martini's, service and loved the Garlic and Onion Nan. mmmm. had several dishes that were suggested by "Tuesday" the wonderful hostess that served me nearly every time. the curries, and selections were great..

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We dine here about once every 3 months and are always very happy with the food and service. My favorites are the Chili, Vindaloo, or Curry Lamb or Chicken along with any of the Biryani dishes. The owners, who always personally check with every table, take pride in Masala and it shows.