“Either Short Stay or Extended Stay...It's great” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Either Short Stay or Extended Stay...It's great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I ONLY stay at this hotel when I'm in Lafayette, and I'm going on 5 years at this hotel (off and on). As I spend months at a time while I'm here, I want a place to feel like home. And it does. The hotel is convenient to the airport, downtown, and Highway 90. The hotel is clean and comfortable. I love the rooms, the breakfast and the dinner/social hour, and the convenience of on-site laundry, and a fitness room (when I feel motivated). But I especially love the staff. They strive to make your visit as comfortable as possible. They make an effort to know every guest by name. Added benefit for me....I can bring my dogs!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheila M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff! Room was clean and updated. Breakfast was good. Location was good. Only complaint was wireless was not good, which was reported on another tripadvisor review. I would definitely go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robertfranks2
Mayfield, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night (Jan 23). Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. We were pleased with this hotel for the night we were there. Nothing really outstanding comes to mind but nothing bad either so that makes for a good recommendation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbie J
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have decided to make Marriott my properties of choice when staying out of town.

I called the day of my trip to secure a room. When booking, I chose to call directly to the hotel to assure that I got my AAA rate. When I asked the reservationist, I was told, "Well we are running a $99 holiday special, so I think this is as low as it will go. I asked her to go ahead and check. LO AND BEHOLD, the AAA rate was $89! STRIKE 1.

I called to verify my stay and let the desk know that I would be arriving around 7pm. When I got their the clerk was eating in the back room. I had a series of questions about my stay at another residence property, to which he replied, "I don't want to lie to you. I don't know." Big help. STRIKE 2.

I completed registering; received my keys; and left for my "gig". When I returned about 1am, I used the side entrance, as I was instructed, because it was much closer to my room. I got to the door; put my key in...and NOTHING! I tried several times. NOTHING. Food in my hands; several bags; traveling alone; tired...and NOTHING! I then called the front desk from my cell phone and let them know that my key did not work for the room. And asked if they could bring a working one to me. The clerk replied, "Well, I am the only one here. You can come and get one!" I stated to her, "No I cannot, I have several bags and I am not lugging all of this up to the front of the property." She stated, very surly, "Well, ok." She came barreling down the hallway with a second key in hand...placed it in...AND NOTHING! She then asked if someone was already in the room. I stated I did not know. STRIKE 3, 4 and 5!!!

She left and went back to the front and stated that I would have to change rooms...back toward the front of the property. I followed, lugging all of my materials, and went to the room I was given. I put the do not disturb sign on the door. But there was a knock at 930am. I asked them to return later. STRIKE 6

The only thing that kept this review from being a 1 is the quality of the room itself. I was GORGEOUS! Well kept. Extremely clean. Very apartment like. The furniture could have used a little freshening up due to wear and tear, but all in all...it was a 5 star room with 1 star service.

I will find another Marriott property when I visit LaFayette.

Room Tip: This is a great hotel, but make sure you have packed your patience. The customer service is AWFUL!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sturgeon Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a great hotel with one major flaw - the walls are paper thin. The rooms are enormous, nicely decorated and clean. However, you can hear your neighbors perfectly. I did not have noisy neighbors, but I heard every cough, sneeze and the TV programs they were watching--for both the people above me and next door to me. It's such a shame to invest all that money into a property, but then to skimp on the construction materials. Personally, I would not choose to stay here again, because I need it to be quiet when I want to sleep!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vanclaners
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

What a nice hotel to stay the rooms are kept clean and the usual fantastic southern hospitality.
They have free internet, and I know the reason why. It's slow I mean slow..... In the lobby it drops in the rooms well it's just a joke.
This hotel is great value for money and a nice breakfast lovely staff and clean rooms, but bring you own internet.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard B
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Got stuck in Lafayette due to a storm. Called Residence Inn on spur of the moment from the road requesting a pet friendly suite. Front desk person was very cooperative and accommodating & we were able to check in immediately. Room was clean and large, grounds were well maintained and staff friendly. Breakfast was superior to the standard cold cereal and waffle fare. We found the hotel to be near restaurants and close to town. I travel often and was delighted with all aspects of this hotel.

Stayed July 2013