“Not quite the same”

Residence Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I actually stayed at this hotel 3 years ago, so I thought I knew what to expect. Unfortunately the hotel has changed for the worse.
Although they claim to be a non-smoking property, I was greeted at the door of my 1st King studio room by the gross smell of smoke. The arms of the chair in the sitting area were also peeling and torn. I tried to call down to report this and ask for another room, but the phone was not working. I then had to gather my things and make my way back down to the front desk.
The attendants did apologize and a note was made about the smell and the phone. I was given another room right away. The 2nd room smelled a lot better, but the arms of the chair was also in need of repair. Overall the room was clean, but the toilet seat and the sink & counter in the kitchen were dirty. Fortunately I travel with Lysol and Clorox wipes so I took care of the bathroom.
The room was spacious and comfortable, but I can't say the same about the bed. The bed was hard and I could actually feel the springs in the mattress. The sheets and light blanket looked and smelled clean, but the pillows were small and thin.
I had a hard time getting to sleep because the walls were thin & I could here the guests talking next door and the person above me walking. I also had to unplug the refrigerator because it kept making a loud buzzing noise. I'm not a light sleeper & I was tired, but these noises were enough to keep me up very late.
I really love the location of this hotel and the light dinner and breakfast that they offer, but unfortunately I don't think that's enough to bring me back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I am truly sorry about the experience you had with your past stay. We are in the process of trying to turn everything around. The chairs have had 5 years of wear and tear and are slowly getting replaced this year to meet Residence Inn's new standard/design. The pillows will also be replaced to meet standards. As for the lack of cleanliness you experienced, there was no excuse for that and we will make sure to fix that issue immediately. As for the smoking smell, unfortunately we do not have the control of what some guest do in our rooms, and smoking is one of them. Even the $250 smoking fee does not stop some from smoking. We do do our best to try and shampoo the room to get the smell out, we also put an ozone machine, but the smell of smoke sometimes is too strong and just takes time. We truly hope when you visit Lafayette again you will give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We evacuated to Lafayette during Hurricane Isaac and needed a pet friendly hotel. Our room at the Residence Inn was very nicely furnished and spacious. We were grateful to be able to have our pet with us. The room rate included a breakfast buffet each morning. The kitchen had everything we needed. The room was quiet and very comfortable. We stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Having the separate bedroom with a door provided privacy and comfort. I would recommend it to all tr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley R
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Loved this hotel! Wish it is was closer to highway but that is the only complaint I can think of. Rooms new and very spacious. Bedroom and bathroom are separated from living room/kitchen area. Good full breakfast with helpful staff. Followed this stay with a stay at another Residence Inn which was nowhere near the quality of this hotel! Stayed here very briefly but would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This two bedroom suite was perfect. Parking was easy, the elevator was efficient, the room was spotless and it was quiet and comfortable. Even the breakfast in the morning was good and had a nice selection. The coffee was tasty also!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here after attending a funeral for one of our friend's father. The hotel is located in a nice section and has easy access to most thoroughfares. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable.
Breakfast area was well stocked and had a nice array of hot items (eggs, waffles, gravy, sausage) as well as the cold stuff (cereals, fruit etc.).
Overall, a good place that I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just down the street from the airport and in hotel row his is an reasonable property. Best suited for traveling families and not the business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything met my expectations. The kids had loads of fun in the pool and though we did not get a chance to use the basketball court, it was really nice knowing that though we forgot our ball at home, the option was there to use theirs. We were able to cook our own meals and we were well equipped with everything that we needed

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family