“Very nice hotel”

Residence Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here after attending a funeral for one of our friend's father. The hotel is located in a nice section and has easy access to most thoroughfares. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable.
Breakfast area was well stocked and had a nice array of hot items (eggs, waffles, gravy, sausage) as well as the cold stuff (cereals, fruit etc.).
Overall, a good place that I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just down the street from the airport and in hotel row his is an reasonable property. Best suited for traveling families and not the business traveler.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything met my expectations. The kids had loads of fun in the pool and though we did not get a chance to use the basketball court, it was really nice knowing that though we forgot our ball at home, the option was there to use theirs. We were able to cook our own meals and we were well equipped with everything that we needed

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed over-night (6/28/12) for one night in a one bedroom suite.
IT was very nice. The air-condioning worked very well! The bed was comforable, the entire suite was very clean. The staff was helpful -we arrived earlier than check in and they were able to get us in. The property was walking distance to Starbucks, a good "po-boy" shop (which was dinner), and a Walgreens.

I would've liked the hotel to have the movie menu like Marriotts do -but I don't think that that usually comes with Residence Inn's. I would stay again if I went back to Lafayette.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I’ve been visiting the Lafayette area for the last five or so years to work at the Airport. Not knowing any better I initially stayed at another chains hotel near the interstate which was not in the best of shape. I also found out it wasn’t exactly convenient to the airport. I subsequently discovered a Marriott Courtyard just a mile from the airport, out of the flight paths, and in a decent part of town to boot. It was a nice place to stay, but I quickly deserted it in favor of a new Residence Inn that was built about half a mile down the same road from the airport.

It’s turned out to be a good move on my part as I’ve stayed at this hotel at least half a dozen times and have been pleased with every stay. Like most Marriott’s, it is well run and maintained. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, and I’ve found the hotel to be quiet enough to guarantee me a good nights rest. The public areas are well laid out as usual for a Residence Inn and this one in particular has an unusually large exercise room so you don’t feel like you’re working out in something the size of a walk in closet. The equipment in the room is of good quality although it’s due for a little tender loving care which I’ll bring up to the staff on check out. Still way above average compared to other hotel chains I’ve stayed at.

The morning breakfast has the standard warm and cold fare I’ve come to expect from a Residence Inn with pretty good variety. My only suggest ion might be to have real bacon once in a while instead of the floppy Canadian turkey bacon that seems to be in vogue now days. The evening managers party they put on Monday to Wednesday is about par for the course but not quite up to an Embassy Suite level…could be better.

My only real pet peeve I have with this and most hotels including Marriott’s is the not so fast “high speed” internet. It’s adequate for basic e-mailing and text based stuff but way too slow for doing anything that requires real “high Speed” quality bandwidth such as viewing YouTube videos. You spend more time watching it queue then the actual video making it something to avoid. I hear some Marriott’s are going to fiber optic internet providers which will hopefully rectify this annoyance.

Other then that one gripe I like this hotel and plan on staying here for all my future trips as long as they continue to maintain their high level of service.

1  Thank hank d
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Although the staff was always helpful and the suites were perfectly furnished, I found the hotel to be a negative experience overall. It was SO noisy. I could hear EVERYTHING in the rooms around me, even a man snoring and his alarm clock going off in the morning. The beds are so uncomfortable I went to Wal-Mart and bought a memory foam mattress topper. The staff does the best they can with what they have, but I had to stay there on business for 6 weeks and the experience overall was disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was a very nice hotel suite to stay in. The price was reasonable and it had pretty much a full kitchen. We did not use it, but this size of the room and bedroom's were comfortable and we didn't feel crowded. Plenty of room to have a few friends over as well. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Lafayette hotels
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette
SpringHill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch
Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport

Been to Residence Inn Lafayette Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Lafayette Airport

Address: 128 James Comeaux Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508-3256 (Formerly Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Lafayette Parish > Lafayette
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
#7 Business Hotel in Lafayette
Price Range: $105 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Lafayette Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Lafayette Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Marriott Lafayette Hotel Lafayette