“Fresh made Mexican”

El Portillo
Ranked #204 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We happen to live in this "not so great " part of town, we like to call it Lafayettes best kept secret.
Dining options are limited, and we lived here 6 years before we tried this place, and are we sorry.
I don't care for Mexican food, don't like refried beans, and can't keep from eating them here.
Food comes out very quickly, its fresh and hot and really good. Daughter comes over from Baton Rouge to eat here cause she says there is not place nearly as good there. Prices are reasonable, and Margaritas are BOGO on Sundays and Mondays. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed April 12, 2013

While visiting with family in Lafayette we decided to go to this place as it is close to there home. They had never been before and we were all quite pleased with both the service and the quality of food. The place was reasonably crowded for the middle of the week and the food came out quickly. My family said that they would return. I will too, next time in Louisiana.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Salsa was just Ok, I've had better. Food came quick, but was disappointed with part of the meal. Prices were average. I would not go back. I could get better quality food for same price elsewhere.

Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

The margaritas are awesome! I work close by and we always go for happy hour!

Reviewed September 21, 2010

It is in a not so pretty area of town but the margaritas are food and there chicken tacos with fajita chicken is so good and comes out with 5minutes of ordering. The food comes out really fast over her. Good food, fast service and cheap prices, and friendly service what else could you ask for?