“Not prepackaged as someone mentioned”
Review of Carino's Italian-Lafayette - CLOSED

Carino's Italian-Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I saw that someone mentioned witnessing grilled chicken from a box?? Not true at all. I work there and yea, raw frozen chicken breasts are brought in, but we grill them in huge batches on the grill right in the kitchen. I think the ONLY thing we get premade is the firesticks and honestly, I think its because the prep chefs at different restaurants couldnt keep them consistent...and the bread is obviously not made from scratch in the back, we get boxes of bread that we butter and season and then heat, which is still absolutely delicious! I've worked there for a few years now and I still love the food!! I'd definitely recommend it. I'll be honest with you though, if you're worried calories, you might want to check the website for calorie content before being ordering! Some of the menu items are SO fattening!

Reviewed June 3, 2009

I have been to this restaurant many times... The food and service is great here. It is better than most places in Lafayette in my opinion. We just love Mondays it is half off family portions.... It will feed a family for a great price. We will be back...

Reviewed May 30, 2009

This restaurant is just okay. There are better Italian restaurants in town. The food is prepacked and prepared ahead of time, like the grilled chicken, so you're not getting it freshly prepared. I actually witnesses a big container stacked full of grilled chicken. Not what I wanted to see in the open kitchen. Don't really care for the taste and flavor of this Italian restaurant.