“Favorite Restaurant in Lafayette!”
Review of Phares' Restaurant - CLOSED

Phares' Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2009

My husband and I have eaten here several times a year for the past 3 years or so and have NEVER been disappointed. We love the atmosphere, the service, and especially the food! We've tried most, if not all, the appetizers on the menu and our favorites are the fire roasted oysters; and the seafood salsa. My husband usually orders the crabcakes, which are creamy, full of flavor and very filling. My hubby is a big eater and after having appetizers, he usually can eat only one of the two crabcakes and takes the rest home. I usually order the Stacked Chicken, a side of eggplant fries, and smashed sweet potatoes. TO. DIE. FOR. Not even kidding you. This is my favorite meal on the menu. The chicken breast is butterflied and made into the shape of a heart and then stacked onto a portobello mushroom and with creamy spinach and artichoke in the middle. Mmm.

If you get a salad, be sure to try the Cane Vinaigrette dressing.

I also like this restaurant because the price is very affordable.

One more thing: While it isn't really a kid restaurant, I brought my son when he was about 1 yr. old and they were sooo friendly to him. There wasn't a kid menu, of course, but we ordered him some steamed veggies and the smashed sweet potatoes. He is well behaved and that is why we brought him. I have seen a few children once in awhile, but I wouldn't classify this as a "kid-friendly" restaurant even though they were friendly to my child. I'd say it's more of a business or romantic setting.

1  Thank LouisianaRed
There are newer reviews for Phares' Restaurant

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Phares is an awesome dining experience. The service was fast, friendly and very attentive. The food is phenomenal. The shrimp beignets are divine and the soft shell crab explosion was delightful. The house signature martini is the best in Lafayette. The most wonderful item of all was the chocolate beignets. I would choose this as my last meal if i were on death row.

2  Thank critic333
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This has got to be the best place around for oysters on the half shell. Their cocktail sauce is excellent! Every Thursday is 'oyster night', which is 1 dozen for the price of a half dozen... which is probably going to be tradition for me and my girlfriend during oyster season. On top of that, the service staff is great (unlike that other seafood place down Johnston St).

1  Thank jaredxp
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Had the ribeye and Acadian Cobb Salad. Both were fresh, delicious and had generous portions. The salad included their unique fire-roasted oysters. The corn and crab bisque appetizer was rich and creamy. All the dishes were well seasoned and flavorful and the fresh baked bread was delicious The service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

I went here on my honeymoon. The decorations and atmosphere is the only nice part of this place.My huband ordered crab cake appetizer it was a pouch of fried yellow cheese and the crab was still in the kitchen. I ordered a steak 24.00 now the cut was very tender and cooked as I asked but the chef forgot to put any seasoning on it. I swear the menu said season to prefection. I hate steak sauce because good meat and minimal seasons should be able to stand on its own plus it was 12oz and it comes with one side i ordered spinach.. it was raw in a lot of very hot water oh yea and i found my steak season. The waiter was nice I never sent anything back but I won't go again. my husband liked his fried seafood of course you have to be a moron to mess up fried fish and french fries