“great service”

Phares' Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Server was very pleasant and attentive. Food prepared perfectly and everything was delicious. Crab cakes were wonderful

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here with high hopes and was really let down. We ordered some of their grilled oysters and when they were delivered, I got a whiff of a rank odor. I questioned the server and he took them back to the kitchen where the staff informed him, that was normal. I questioned that again, and my son went ahead and ate them. Two AM the next morning in the hotel, he was revisiting those oysters! I knew better.... if it doesn't smell just right, DONT EAT IT!!!! If the kitchen staff doesn't know better than that, I won't be returning!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When we showed up upon someones recommendation there was no one to show us to our table (in my experience this is always a bad sign).After 5 minutes someone showed up .The decor is a bit like an aging McDonald,s .we ordered a calamari appetizer and were told they had run out the night before(another bad sign).we ended up getting hummus ,prior to the hummus arriving some bread with paprika was put on our table with no butter .we were not sure what to do with it .The hummus arrived ,it was a small quantity and quite poor no where near as good as Zea,s.My wife ordered the fried oysters ,for a town close to oyster reefs they were poor and no where near as good as acme oyster house or multiple other places around here .I ordered an oyster pasta dish which had one piece of a half eaten shrimp(mainly the shell),the oysters must have swum off .My Margarita must have had a pound of sugar in it ,even the glass of water tasted strange .My recommendation is to avoid it like the plague .

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food at Phares is exquisite! THe menu has a great variety of steak, poultry and seafood dishes, but if you are an oyster-lover like me, this place is where you want to go. Last night they had an oyster special: a dozen of any kind for the price of a half-dozen -- just $9. I started with a dozen raw, followed by another dozen, and both were cold, juicy and flavorful. My son ordered a dozen of the the fire-roasted variety, which were equally awesome.

The atmosphere is on the upscale side, and entree prices are in the Commander's Palace (New Orleans) range, so other than the oyster special, don't go looking for a bargain. Our table of four with 4 draft beers, 2 martinis, a $26 bottle of wine (discounted to $16 based on our food order), 3 soup & salad and 1 crab cake entree, 3 bowls of crab & shrimp bisque (amazing!) plus an order of fried eggplant for the table (the latter served with a spicy remoulade sauce to die for!) came in at just under $170 with tax & tip -- about $40/person, which was really not bad considering the quantity and quality of the food. The service is quick and friendly -- we will definitely go back for an encore ASAP!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went to phare's for the first time with my wife and friends,, it was VERY enjoyable !! All the food we had from the appetizers , main courses and deserts , were fresh ! And de lish !!! The seafood was excellent !! Sorta pricey ,, but worth it !! And the service was GREAT!!