“I had wonderful company so I ignored the food”
Review of Agave Cantina

Agave Cantina
Ranked #149 of 567 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Agave, a retreat right in the heart of downtown Lafayette, brings together traditional Mexican cuisine, an atmosphere unlike any other, and over 40 of the finest agave Tequilas in the world. An experience at Agave will change your life! OK, maybe change your life is a bit strong, but it can at the least change your day or even make your night. So, sit back, relax and enjoy all that Agave has to offer.
Hudson, Massachusetts
“I had wonderful company so I ignored the food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Would I come back for their tex mex? NOPE. Service? Ok. Taco Tuesdays, ok. Chips - crispy and greasy. Queso - ok. Not planning on coming back but in a pinch it will do.

• Visited July 2013

vestskogen
“Great venue and good food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Spent 4th of july evening there.Great seafoot burritos and Margaritas. They serve you a pitcher every thursday for $ 20!! Excellent service. Close to everything else in downtown Lafayette

Visited July 2013
New Orleans, LA
“Seafood Quesadillas”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

While visiting Lafayette, I was looking for a restaurant to have lunch. My son's friend recommended Agave on Bertrand. We got there a few minutes after they opened at 11 and were greeted by several servers. Our server was attentive and helpful with reviewing the menu. The tri-colored chips and salsa were a pleasant surprise. The salsa had a slight kick and great texture. We ordered the seafood quesadilla, a combination of grilled shrimp and crawfish and cheese on a large folded tortilla served with sour cream, pica de gallo, and guacamole. It was average at best and slim in ingredients for $9.95. By the time we left, several more tables were filled; however, the place did not appear to have a large lunch crowd. Perhaps I am spoiled to all of the great food in New Orleans and the surrounding area, that Agave just seemed average to me.

• Visited July 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Exceptional service!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Jetlag and warm, I was so pleased with the service. Our waiter, Denver, was extraordinary. It might not have been the best food I ever had in a restaurant, but it was certainly the best service ever! The food was good.

• Visited June 2013
Opelousas, Louisiana
“good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Agave downtown has great food. I absolutely love the seafood relleno! They have live music for dinner. It's a party atmosphere, not a place for a quiet, intimate dinner!

Visited April 2013