“Great venue and good food”
Review of Agave Cantina

Agave Cantina
Ranked #279 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Agave, a retreat right in the heart of downtown Lafayette, brings together traditional Mexican cuisine, an atmosphere unlike any other, and over 40 of the finest agave Tequilas in the world. An experience at Agave will change your life! OK, maybe change your life is a bit strong, but it can at the least change your day or even make your night. So, sit back, relax and enjoy all that Agave has to offer.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Spent 4th of july evening there.Great seafoot burritos and Margaritas. They serve you a pitcher every thursday for $ 20!! Excellent service. Close to everything else in downtown Lafayette

Reviewed July 2, 2013

While visiting Lafayette, I was looking for a restaurant to have lunch. My son's friend recommended Agave on Bertrand. We got there a few minutes after they opened at 11 and were greeted by several servers. Our server was attentive and helpful with reviewing the menu. The tri-colored chips and salsa were a pleasant surprise. The salsa had a slight kick and great texture. We ordered the seafood quesadilla, a combination of grilled shrimp and crawfish and cheese on a large folded tortilla served with sour cream, pica de gallo, and guacamole. It was average at best and slim in ingredients for $9.95. By the time we left, several more tables were filled; however, the place did not appear to have a large lunch crowd. Perhaps I am spoiled to all of the great food in New Orleans and the surrounding area, that Agave just seemed average to me.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Jetlag and warm, I was so pleased with the service. Our waiter, Denver, was extraordinary. It might not have been the best food I ever had in a restaurant, but it was certainly the best service ever! The food was good.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Agave downtown has great food. I absolutely love the seafood relleno! They have live music for dinner. It's a party atmosphere, not a place for a quiet, intimate dinner!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to Agave for lunch and was very disappointed. The food I received was not that tasty, and the service was bad. It took a pretty good amount of time to get our food, even though the restaurant wasn't packed.

As to the decor and overall restaurant... it wasn't anything special, but not bad. The location however, was not as desireable as I had hoped the food would be.

To end it all, the waitress actually rounded my bill upward to the next dollar amount, and just assumed she was keeping the change, in addition to any tip. (That is happening more and more, not just at this restaurant.)

Recommendation... Since this was only a single visit, I'd say they may be worth another try. I doubt I will try them anytime soon though.

1  Thank ucmband
BALBEISI N, General Manager at Agave Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comment regarding your lunch with us at AGAVE . We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologies for this misunderstanding.

Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our food quality & service.

Hope to see you soon in AGAVE cantina so we can let you live a better experience

Balbeisi. N