Carriage House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsnicest hotelwe loved our staystay there againcontinental breakfastchamenitiesconciergeproperty
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 2, 2011

I was happy to find this hotel as an alternative to the standard brand chains that litter Lafayette. That said, we left confused. Someone is phoning this hotel in. Check in was easy and the gentleman at the front desk was lovely. We also appreciated the location and size of the room. Beyond that, everything is touch and go... For example, housekeeping never came! I would not have cared except that at $159 a night, 1) they should come and 2) we ran out of towels and, most importantly, coffee! Also, they tout access to The City Club and, in fact, that's why we stayed here. But, and you would expect a but, the guest services directory says the pool opens at 8 a.m. Well, it actually opens at 10 a.m.! Don't trudge over to The City Club ready to swim at 8 a.m. with your little ones all suited up and ready to go unless you yourself call first to confirm the hours. It just seems so amateur to use your marketing materials as an attempt to convey such a luxury experience but then not make an effort to update your guest services materials. Strange. We are left very torn! I'd love to stay here again and again but I'm afraid if the experience doesn't improve they might not be around. That would be pretty sad since there is so much potential. Oh, and the walls are so very thin. We could hear everyone come and go, particularly one very loud party at 1 a.m.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
    2  Thank Cleyera
    Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel was in a great location for shops and restaurants, and gave us access to the City Club Health Club. The One bedroom suite had microwave, mini fridge, sitting area and then bedroom and bathroom. Beds were comfortable, the shower was a challenge to figure out, the staff was overly helpful...overall a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
    Reviewed June 17, 2011

What an odd experience....first I had a devil of a time figuring out where the hotel was and then how to find the front desk. It is really an apartment complex located in an upscaled planned community that is super nice and convenient. It is on one of the squares that has a really great restaurant, super health club(you can use it if you stay at the hotel) named City Club, a wine bar, spa, hair salon and men's clothing store all within walking distance. But the rub comes just trying to get your, get to your room, and then finding someone if you need anything. The rooms aren't just rooms, they are either one bedroom or two bedroom apartments that are furnished. They are contemporary in style, well furnished, and nice beds and bedding. Much more than you need for a few nights stay. Once I found the "front desk" through a hidden passage way, into a beautiful courtyard, then I found where to check in. There is no bellman or anything like that...just one person to check you in and then see you to your room. You have to take your bags thru a maze of stairways, hallways and more connecting hallways to your final destination. There is no common area for brunch or breakfast, and you are pretty much on your own once you get to your suite, which is very nice but starting to see some wear, with stained carpeting, scratches on the doors, and windows that needed cleaning. So, if you like apartment living instead of a four star hotel experience then this is the place. All the shops and restaurants around it are great and the one staff member I saw was very nice. PS. I didn't think there was maid service but she did finally come about 2pm. The first night I was missing the top sheet and told her about it and she said that they ran out of sheets? and had to order some more so they were short. She did make my bed up properly. It's a pretty good place if you can find it......

Room Tip: Your shopping in River Ranch
    • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
    2  Thank Stoup
    Reviewed April 29, 2011

Upon scheduling my trip to Lafayette for business purposes, I was disappointed about the quality of lodging that the city had to offer based on our search of what was available in the area. It was only later that I found out about the Carriage House suites by word of mouth that we decided to book a room. The staff was extremely personable and accommodating, and the room was far superior in fit, finish, location, and price compared to our similar room of similar size at the Hilton. You will not find another hotel in the area with such amenities as a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, and high-end materials (my wife particularly loved the marble bath). The location was also fantastic, in the center of the most exclusive part of town. This hotel is Lafayette’s best-kept secret, and I would (and have) recommended to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
    Reviewed February 18, 2011

I stayed here with clients and colleagues for four weeks in Jan/Feb of 2011. The property is first rate... the rooms/bed extremetly comfortable. The exercise facility is top rate. The service provided by the staff, from the manager/front office/staff was excellent. We will certainly stay here again...and look forward to doing that soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business