Carriage House Hotel
$67
$119
$64
$99
All reviewsnicest hotelwe loved our staystay there againcontinental breakfastchamenitiesconciergeproperty
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Upon scheduling my trip to Lafayette for business purposes, I was disappointed about the quality of lodging that the city had to offer based on our search of what was available in the area. It was only later that I found out about the Carriage House suites by word of mouth that we decided to book a room. The staff was extremely personable and accommodating, and the room was far superior in fit, finish, location, and price compared to our similar room of similar size at the Hilton. You will not find another hotel in the area with such amenities as a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, and high-end materials (my wife particularly loved the marble bath). The location was also fantastic, in the center of the most exclusive part of town. This hotel is Lafayette’s best-kept secret, and I would (and have) recommended to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I stayed here with clients and colleagues for four weeks in Jan/Feb of 2011. The property is first rate... the rooms/bed extremetly comfortable. The exercise facility is top rate. The service provided by the staff, from the manager/front office/staff was excellent. We will certainly stay here again...and look forward to doing that soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This hotel advertises itself as a "luxury hotel" in Lafayette. Perhaps, at one time, it was.

Now, it's spectacularly awful.

Check-in was very convoluted as there were no clear directions as to where to park and it was necessary to walk through the parking garage and through a courtyard to the "front desk office." After check-in, it was necessary to drive up the ramp of the parking garage to the level on which the room was located where I was met by the front desk clerk who led me to the room.

No doubt, at one time the room was very nice. Now, however, the room featured a kitchenette with DIRTY LIPSTICK STAINED glasses (not a single one was clean). The bathroom featured holes in the walls where towel bars once were attached. The shower featured a four jet shower device with only one jet working. The bedroom featured scarred and nicked walls with a bed made of stained sheets. The hallway between the living room featured a beautifully dust covered wall.

Luxury? No way!

And the response from the staff was, generally, uncaring.

I would never stay there again and you shouldn't even try!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank travellots100
Reviewed September 19, 2008

This hotel is incredible! The room was beautiful, the staff was great, and everything in between was perfect! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, and we will be back very soon! We will never stay ANYWHERE else again, besides here! At the front desk was Tim, and he was really great, and very helpful. He walked us to the room, carried our many bags, and when we tried to tip him, he said it wasnt necessary. We insisted, and he gratefully accepted. He also suggested some restaurants, and other things to do, and he was very knowledgable about the area. Thank you Tim, and to all the staff there! We look forward to staying again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Frequent business brings me Lafayette and I usually stay at whatever hotel has the best rate and still offers some type of breakfast options. Last time I was in town clients brought me to River Ranch to go out to eat and I found out about this hotel. I booked and it was great! The hotel is as good as it looks online- which does not always happen. All their rooms are suites- so I got a one bedroom suite that has a huge bedroom and a separate living room. The shower was awesome- it has those sprayers like you see in a magazine...next door is a country club that guests can use and they have a huge fitness center so I could workout and go to cycling class. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and the staff was very friendly. Next time I am in Lafayette I am staying there and I have a meeting booked into their meeting rooms. Its really like a resort- I cannot wait for warm weather so I can swim laps in the huge pool.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)