“Inexpensive and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Inexpensive and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here during Festival International. We got there at 10:30 in the morning hoping to check in early b/c we wanted to store our things in a cool place. There were no rooms available at the time and we had to come back after 3 for a room. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. There is a nice selection of snacks and drinks for purchase in the lobby. They were not terribly expensive. We only stayed one night. The only complaint I have is there was a rumbling sound that bothered me when I was trying to sleep. I'm not sure if it was the a/c or something else. I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank marctravis
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you had a wonderful time experiencing one of our many festivals! On behalf of our entire team we thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I arrived on Friday , Checked in only to find stains on the bed spred. The bathroom had no toilet paper holder. The center was missing. I took pictures of this and showed the desk clerk when I left for dinner. When I returned the bed spred was changed. Saturday morning I went to get coffee and the machine was out.I asked the desk clerk and was informed the other employee had the key and they could not get to the coffee. This had not been fixed on Sunday.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Dan C,

Thank you for staying with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Good stay great value clean Marketing director very friendly and helpful Front desk could have been more interested.

• Stayed April 2012
baton rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

The room was clean. It was very quiet. We were next to an elevator shaft so I was afraid that we would hear the elevator running all night. But even with a full house, no elevator noise and we had a very good night's sleep. The staff was most gracious and helpful.
One criticism--our room was listed as "handicapped (or wheelchair) accessible" There was a threshold into the sleeping area and a threshold into the bathroom. The toilet was a garden variety low toilet, not a high handicapped one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank polarstar
Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We enjoy the convenience of a kitchen that such extended stay hotels offer, and this was one of the very best that we found. The rooms are very clean and well appointed and quite quiet for an inexpensive hotel. The fitness center was an added bonus, as was the helpful, friendly approach of the staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosecrans
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Quiet, nice place to walk dogs on side of hotel, clean, great staff! 2 Thumbs up. Please see my comments about West Wego for more about my stays at a Candlewood Suites

Room Tip: Choose the side of the hotel away from the road, it's very quiet!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

So everything about this says great value...only $65+tax for a king room w/kitchen on a Saturday night...ok so we were super siked until I got in my room an realized the clerk gave us a queen room even though I had already paid for a king on their site...so I tell her and she tells me they dnt hv any more kings even though I booked one...so I clearly explained that the site says my room was guaranteed and if not wld b free...so she places me on hold and comes back only to tell me theres a king room available a few doors down...huh some service...other than that the stay was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Louisianamrs
Kay W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments about your November, 2011 stay. I apologize on behalf of the hotel and team for the confusion over your room reservation. The staff members that were employed during the time of your stay are no longer a part of the hotel team. The new management and staff are extremely professional, courteous and work very hard to make sure that each guest has a positive experience while at Candlewood Suites.

I do hope you will stay with us again and see the improvements for yourself.