Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Complimentary Drink from their Freezer when you first check in. Service and Room was just average. I stayed at 2 bedrooms on the 1st floor by the parking lot and was a little scary when I see car light and people talking during nights. With the price paid, I'd recommand to other suites unless it's a special discount. No complimentary breakfast that other suites would usually provie.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pengice

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Driving up to the hotel, you can see it is not well maintained. However, I gave it the benefit of doubt due to the name association. The clerk was standing outside smoking her Marlboro and permeated of smoke. The facility and rooms were dirty and not well cleaned. The room air conditioner did not work properly and when asked if they could fix it; the clerk stated she had no maintenance personnel available. My wife and I had a 2 pound cat. The clerk did not state that there was a $75.00 non refundable deposit for a cat or animal. In fact, when the clerk saw the cat, she said "don't let anyone know you have a cat in the room. I was shocked to receive my bill for $258.00 for one night stay. At best this hotel is an F on the grading scale. Save your money and to a few blocks down the road and stay at a respectable hotel!! The Manager refused to do the right thing and return my money she stole and stated she did not care about reviews or the police when I stated I was filing a police report.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Go down ten blocks to the corner of W. pinhook and stay at one of the oth...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gandyarmy1
Kay W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room to you. The staff members that were employed during the time of your stay are no longer a part of the hotel team. I can assure you that the new management and staff are extremely professional, courteous and want each guest to have a positive experience while at Candlewood Suites. As a part of the reservation process, our staff members are trained to ask if there will be a pet and explain the pet deposit at that time.

You may also be interested to know that effective January 2, 2012, the hotel property will be totally non-smoking (including staff members). We have also started a refurbishment of the lobby area with new furniture, exterior lighting and landscaping of the property.

It is my sincere hope that you will revisit Candlewood Suites and see for yourself all of the improvements.

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Spacious room with kitchen area, although we only prepared our own breakfast. There is a small shop which stocks essentials for breakfast etc. Staff friendly and helpful. Business centre although small, does at least have its own room to afford privacy whilst working. A car is essential as the hotel is some way from downtown.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

If you looking for a hotel that is very clean, spacious, and quiet this is the one. I was not sure what to think about this hidden treasure, but it was the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful we had a wonderful time. The suites are nice and so clean. Lots of room. Great place and way to go staff. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed here over the weekend for shopping in Lafayette, and got 2 rooms for us and my mother. Once again I loved everything about it I've stayed here twice before and I am never disappointed , friendly staff, clean rooms, and I'm very picky on clean trust me they are.... Great stay

Reviewed January 26, 2010

All I can say is "The Best"...from the suite to the staff it was soo nice and comfortable. The general manager and his staff may us feel so comfortable and we could tell tell really appreciated us being at their hotel. The suites are very nice and spacious. We will be back over and over....Keep up the great work.....awesome candlewood suites hotel, best in Lafayette!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I had such a wonderful experience at Candlewood Suites! I stayed there for 6 months for business, and the staff was absolutely incredible. It really felt like home. Thank you for a nice place to call home.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business