“I was shocked at how clean and nice the hotel was! I have paid more for less!”

Howard Johnson Lafayette
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Upon making the reservation with my company I was advise to stay in a more "reputable hotel" but I decided against it. I have to say that from the moment I pulled in to the moment I left I was blown away! I recently paid more than double to stay in a hotel that was no where near as clean and nice as this one! I am not one to write reviews as I tell myself I am always too busy BUT these people fully deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! I will be staying in Lafayette once a week and I will book this Howard Johnson everytime I am there..family friendly as well! Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune to stay somewhere nice! FYI for the people liek me who tote the xbox360 everywhere..nice component connection TV'`s in the room as well!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob0436
howardjohnsonlft, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you for your kind remarks. We enjoyed having you as our guests and trust you will think of us again on your return visit to Lafayette.

Your comments allow us to gain credible insight to efforts we make in pursuing excellence.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Everything was very clean and updated. Beds were comfortable. I was impressed that you could find something that nice for $140 for 2 weekend nights. I was very pleased. I definately reccommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ehanners
hojolft, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 337-232-5500

Reviewed June 20, 2009

This stay was a last minute layover on a longer road trip. The room was very clean (although the color of the carpet was pukey) and looked recently redone. The TV, desk, microfrig, and easy chair were all very welcome, and the bathroom / sink area looked more expensive than you might expect. We paid $70 on a Saturday night, still less expensive than many others in the area. Lots of places to eat and easy access to the highways. The breakfast is only what you would expect for lobby food, but free is free. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2009

This was one of best values for the price on our trip. Lots of amenities for relatively not much money. I think we paid about 55.00 plus tax on a weeknight. Room had clean, pleasant odor...not musty like some places.
Hubby was happy they had an iron and board. The coffee pot was a cute little single cup deal which was nice and quick. Comfortable beds with what seemed to be relatively new and stylish bedspreads. The room overall had a fresh, modern appearance.
Continental breakfast in the lobby was great for the kids to grab some muffins and bagels before hitting the road.
Only real complaint here was our room was in the corner and we had to park out in the middle of the lot and haul our bags all the way to room. Good exercise I guess though!
Only gave rating of 4 because there is always room for improvement! :) Very good experience here and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2009

My wife and I were on a week long vacation, challenging ourselves with the best cheapest hotel each night. Stayed here for $55 after some bargaining. Very nice room. Clean and new. King size bed. Low level "breakfast", but when you are in Cajun Country, you should be eating beignets at a local cafe anyway.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 8, 2009

Stayed here only one night at the rate of $65. The room was very clean and updated nicely. I was very impressed for the price. The lobby is very small, so took continental breakfast back to the room. Overall, not a bad place to stay. Property was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed August 8, 2008

This was a wonderful stay. The hotel is very convenient to hwy 10 & 49. There is ample dining very close by. The hotel staff was very nice and welcoming. The rooms, beds and shower were excellent and very clean! It appears this hotel is either new or newly updated. The showers were marble, the carpet and bedding is new. The furniture is in great shape and the appliances (microwave and refrig) appear to be new also. There is coffee, muffin, bagels, and juice in the mornings. The breakfast area is small, but you can always take it back to your room, since the rooms are so nice. The pool was clean and patio furniture in good condition. I will make it a point to stay here again when I am in the area. This hotel was definitely excellent for the price, especially if you are needing more than one room like us.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family