“I really enjoyed my stay. Will return if in arear. Will...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Lafayette

Howard Johnson Lafayette
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a roadtrip to New Orleans, it was right off the highway and easy to get to though the area is a bit scary.The price was way cheaper than most places and the room was really nice and clean with pretty comfy beds.The noise from outside was a bit loud but normal for a hotel. Breakfast wasn't anything great but fine to hold you over for a couple hours.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MichiganLadybug
Andy P, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to the John Doe Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Altho I was able to check in before my check in time which is 2:30. The customer service sucked ! The room was not clean the floors have obviously not been cleaned in forever. I was about to sit in the computer chair and it literally was full of ashes as tho it was used for an ashtray! The beds and pillows are VERY uncomfortable! I have to get on the road. My mother and I both neck and back hurts terribly which will make this ride home horrible! The lighting in the room is terrible which makes it hard to utilize the mirror considering we are women so we all know this makes simple tasks like combing hair and makeup hard to do. Plus it's not good for anyones eyes man or woman. Oh no need for shower caps because the water barely comes out the shower head which is a bummer cause I love taking showers.The chair by the window needs to be thrown away its filthy my mother literally had to put a towel in the chair before she would sit down. All throughout the night and morning there was banging and bumping. Not too mention even louder bumping,banging and talkn (by the employee might I add! Check out is at 11:30 and I can't get out fast enough ! FYI: continental breakfast...lol...yea right if you are not a fan of two particular and very old looking cereal well you are out of luck ! This is my first time ever stayin at an Howard Johnson and if they are all like this I will never stay at another one again no matter the location.I have seen better rooms at Super 8. This is not a good look. To sum it up never ever ever again !

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
We are sorry that your experience at the Howard Johnson Hotel did not meet your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We make it a practice to share all of our guest’s comments with our staff and management team so that our entire team may learn from it and work harder to improve our guests’ experiences.
We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us a second chance in the future

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Opelousas, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay. I hope they keep their current rates for a while also. There not a whole lot of breakfast choices but they're good enough. It is fresh. And the juices are not watered down.

• Stayed February 2013
Tucson AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

At first everything seemed find, young man at check in was pleasant. Requested a handicapped room which we got but was not suitable. Bathroom very small difficult to maneuver with low toilet. Beds comfortable but rooms oversized furniture made it difficult to get around with walker. At check out older man (possibly owner) was not very friendly. Breakfast mediocre. Upon arriving home found a problem with my credit card bill and called for explaination and the man I spoke to kept yelling at me he did not seem the least bit interested in resolving my problem. My husband and I travel regularly and would never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
On behalf of the management and staff, thank you for your review. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive. I assure you that our team will take your comments seriously and use them to improve our customer service and product offering. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose to stay with the Howard Johnson brand again when traveling.