“NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY”

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
West Monroe
“NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was booked because my sister was having surgery an we had to be at hospital for 5 AM. When we got there the Desk Attendant came to window. He did not know how to register us in after it already being registered online. He was rude an I finnaly told him, can you call someone down to help you get us registered? After he finally got it registered in computer he then wasn't going to give me a reciept. I asked for one an he said he would bring it to my room in about 15 minutes .. I then told him I would be in the shower tryin to get in bed because of surgery in the morning. He offered to come wash my back!!!! THAT REALLY INFURRIATED ME.. THAT WAS RUDE , SEXUALLY ADVANCES TOWARDS ME. HE DID NOT KNOW ME FROM ANYONE AN I DID NOT APPRECIATE IT!!!
OTHER THAN THAT, We Always stay here at this Howard Johnsons whenever we are going to be iin town overnight.. Rooms are nice for the price and beds are AWESOME!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Andy P, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to the Howard Johnson Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! As far as the concern about the encounter with the front desk staff, I'm almost 100% sure that had to be a misunderstanding; he probably meant to pick up the reciept later in the morning. Call me directly if you have any questions so that we can discuss this matter at 337-232-5500.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
BUNKIE
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the second time i stayed at this hotel...Looks like rooms were redone after my first stay..it was clean and the beds were so comfortable..upon check-out, i made another reservation for october...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank CHRISTIE L
MARTINSVILLE
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The continental breakfast was okay, but I've seen better. I am handicapped. The room was suitable for that purpose, however I feel that a marked handicap parking spot should be in front of that room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Berkshire
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our room was large and clean (actually one of the cleanest we have stayed in) and the bed was very comfortable. However, the walls were like paper and we had to endure next doors and upstairs TV until very late. The hotel is obviously run by a couple who do everything themselves but they should really consider getting a receptionist who can speak good English and be polite!! I wouldn't say they were outright rude, but every time I tried to speak to the lady it ended with a conversation between them both in Indian (I think) and the man taking over because she didn't seem to understand me (I am English!!). Breakfast was a farce, we sat and waited for 15 mins for coffee while the owners argued between themselves and I felt like I had walked into their living room and was in the way. There were only 2 tables in the breakfast room, but no one seemed to stay long enough to sit - I wonder why - we would have been in and out if we didn't have to wait for the coffee.
All in all yes the rooms were large, clean and comfortable, but the hospitality is awful!

• Stayed September 2012
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night in March and paid 51 dollars for a room with two queen beds.

The motel is conveniently located on the Evangeline Thruway and close enough to downtown Lafayette. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. If you're on a budget and need a place to spend a night or two, this is a good deal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kilgore
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Booked this hotel for the labor day weekend and we were very pleased. Got the internet price for a total of 119.00. Not bad. Room had 2 queen beds, microwave and a mini-fridge along with the other amenities. Hotel is right off the interstate so its easy to get to and its close to a walmart and some chain eating establishments. We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We spent one night on our trip from North Texas to Florida and chose Howard Johnson mainly for the price, since our trip was unplanned, we wanted to be very careful with spending. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Free WiFi was great,

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank cap1313
howardjohnsonlft, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn Lafayette during your recent travels to our neighborhood. Thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad that you enjoyed yourself during your stay here. Can not wait for you to come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you soon!