“enjoyed”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Payson, Utah
“enjoyed”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel was clean, quiet, and had comfortable beds. The breakfast didn't have much of a variety.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Connie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montreal Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The Lafayette Howard Johnson represents the new, upgraded environment that HoJo's seems to be adopting since the chain was acquired by the Wydham Group. This motel offers a surprising level of comfort and class. The location is convenient for visitors to Lafayette, and not far from the interstate for those passing through. The prices were better than most competitors offering more basic rooms. The rooms were large, clean and well appointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Aranawes
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 14, 2011

What a great stay this was for the first night of our Florida to California drive. Easily the nicest room of the seven day trip and the cost was only $65. From the granite enclosed shower to the upscale furnishings, bedding, and carpet this was a most unexpected delight. The only downside was partying neighbors but they could be tuned out with the HVAC system fairly easily. The young man who checked us in was amazingly swift. I think the whole process took about 45 seconds. (no exaggeration!) The location was easy to find just off I-10 however there are no restaurants within walking distance. Since we did not want to lose our parking space right outside our door, we snacked on food brought with us rather than going out to dinner. There are restaurants on the other side of the highway directly across but it is not a road you can cross on foot and expect to stay alive. Probably could have ordered food to be delivered. HVAC system was controlled by thermostat on the wall! This is unusual even in a luxury hotel. This place is truly first class.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank denprich
hattiesburg ms
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here. The hotel is very nice, clean and everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located just off the Interstate so finding a place to eat was pretty easy. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would definately return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bacfire1
Ball, LA
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Well, all in all I wasn't impressed with the hotel upon arriving. I was accompanying a friend so she could take a standardized test so I did not choose the place. The room wasn't the worst I've stayed in but it was a non-smoking room and someone took the liberty of smoking there anyway (I'm allergic). Well all was ok until the next day. The breakfast was the most Continental of breakfasts nothing hot unless we wanted to microwave grits or oatmeal. So checkout was 11a. However at 10a I had a phone call in the room, and they hung up. Fifteen minutes later the housekeeper is calling to ask if I'm staying another day or same day. I said well today, but I still have 45 minutes til checkout. She said ok, and just hung up. As I'm getting my bags together and walking out the door at 10:55a another call. Are you leaving today? I just hung up and walked out, checked out and will no longer stay at this HoJo's again whether it is my choice or someone elses.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Luling, LA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The excellent rating is based on the value for what I expected, I did not expect the room to be in such good shape and the beds to be so comfortable for the $59 price. I have spent much more on rooms and gotten much worse. My family was just looking for a place to sleep for the night and this is one of the best bargains I have gotten. The free breakfast could use some help, but like I said for the price I did not expect anything more than cereal and muffins. Overall good value!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Luling_Buzzard
Zeewolde, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed here during our last vacation and it's just a fine motel.
The room was very clean and fresh without the smell of too much cleaning products.
Fridge, Microwave etc. it all was there.

Pool was fine too. The motel is 100yards further from the road than usual so you can swim without being watched al the time.

Breakfast is also included so that starts you up.
Nothing negative about this place so.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple