“Stop by this restaurant by accident !!!!”
Review of Urbano's Taqueria

Urbano's Taqueria
Ranked #135 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stop by this restaurant by accident. I decided to stay for launch. It was delicious. So I decided to return the next day to try some other items on the menu. I will definitely return to this restaurant on my next return to Lafayette La.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...but you can't get a taco with ground meat here. What kind of taco place doesn't offer ground meat? Maybe this is more authentic...I don't know. Wasn't for me though.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was very disappointed to find that not only did you have to pay for the chips, salsa, and guac, but that the three added up to over $11! Then, we ordered four tacos. Two, were very good, the other two were dry and lacked seasoning. Additionally, when our order arrived, they gave us a corn dish which we thought they gave us to try since we told them it was our first time to come in. The waiter even said "oh, they brought this to you", which we replied "yea, we didn't order it so I guess they just brought it out for us to try". When we got the bill, we were BLOWN AWAY. We ordered chips, salsa, guacamole, four tacos, two bottles of water, and a diet coke and the total was over $40!!! We about died. We were shocked to see how much the break down was, then even more disappointed when we saw that the waiter charged us for the crappy corn salad that he knew we didn't order. Needless to say, the "special imported chips" (which they sell at World Market btw), and the mediocre tacos combined with the ridiculous prices, I'll go back to Taco Sisters or La Fonda and get twice the food for my money.

1  Thank parrishtr
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A good addition to the Mexican/Central American food offerings in Lafayette. The pork tamale and the Homeboy are especially recommended.

Not cheap, and no freebies. But order a huge bag of plantain chips, and get a bowl of the guacamole, plus a couple of the soft tacos, and you'll have plenty.

Caution: The Chile taco comes with bacon and a very hot whole jalapeno pepper. Have a cold drink handy.

Great service by Edgar. He'll ask your name, and promises to remember you when you return.