“Good location, a little tired.”
Review of Juliet Hotel

Juliet Hotel
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Friendly welcome, big room. Carpet (or other) odour as mentioned by others does exist, it's not an issue or overpowering more a bit of character. Room was a decent size though populated with odd bits of furniture, no hair dryer and a broken air conditioner didn't help raise the standard of the place. Location in the centre of town is excellent, you can get out and walk to places, not often possible in the US.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We really appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to make necessary adjustments as needed to improve the overall stay for future guests.

I sincerely apologize about any standing odor that existed in your room. I intend to personally address that issue immediately. I also am sorry to hear that your room was not equipped with a hair dryer. There should have been one present in the bottom drawer of the vanity. I will see that this problem also be resolved.

We are so happy that you stayed at the Juliet during your visit to Lafayette; we hope that you give us a chance to change your first impression by coming back and staying with us on your next visit.

Thanks again,

Rachel Guidroz
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our group has stayed at the Juliet two times and thoroughly enjoyed each visit. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, and staff is helpful. Not to mention that is is right down in the historic section of town so close to many interesting sights, museums and shops.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JaneHarmonMeeks
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juliet Hotel. I hope that you come visit Lafayette again really soon. When you do, come back and see us!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We arrived in Lafayette without accommodations and found the big box chain lodgings sold out for a conference... how fortunate! The Juliet was charming, well located and featured rich decor appropriate to place (quadruple draperies.) We walked over to Don's for dinner and the French Press Cafe for brunch.

1  Thank Skyebleu
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us valued feedback! We really appreciate any concerns or comments you give us as it helps us grow and improve in the future.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Juliet. Lafayette really is a beautiful town and we are so happy we were able to have you as our guest while you were in for a visit.

I hope that in the future you keep us in mind for any future travels!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The real asset of this hotel is its staff. They were friendly and extremely helpful. The location is good, just far enough from Downtown to be quiet. The hotel itself looks as though a lot of time and money was spent when it was initially built but that there hasn't been much of an attempt at upkeep since (a few of the light switches did nothing, the showerhead was close to falling off). While the area is quiet inside the hotel there are various pipes banging and humming noises throughout the night so it's not the most restful of places. Breakfast can be avoided but there is a lovely vegan cafe next door which does gorgeous lunches.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Carlos,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Kali Luparello
The Juliet Hotel

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a very experience at the Hotel Juliet and it is on a wonderful historic strip downtown Lafayette. Lots to do within walking distance. Our room was very nice and it was huge. The beds were comfortable and the window appointments kept out the light nicely. The man at the front desk was very nice and gave us some good suggestions for eating.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I made a reservation through a booking site at full price, but when I called to verify the reservation with the hotel they told me there were no rooms so I did not have a reservation..This went back and forth between the hotel and booking site and in the end we ended up with no room and not able to find another decent hotel left for our anniversary. This was our first getaway in months as we have a hectic work schedule. I was contacted by the booking site via email that the hotel was being contacted to remedy this serious mistake. I received an email from the manager stating she would be pleased to personally set up a stay for us. I called, expecting either a comped room, as most hotels would do, or a big discount, that did not happen....I was offered a 10 dollar discount....we will not being staying here again....I read on another site that the same happened to another person...We as consumers need to let this business know this is unacceptable.....I have worked in the hotel business and travel a lot and have never had a hotel behave this way and would expect more out of an upper level chain....shame on hotel juliet...I gave it a rating as one because there is no zero....There are other nice hotels in the area and really nice b$b's that respect their guest, I suggest using them just as I will on our next stay.

Room Tip: use a B&B in the area or make sure you really do have a room before you go.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I want to first thank you for your feedback. It is helpful for us to know what we could do better in the future to better accommodate to our guests. I have been notified of the situation at hand and offer my sincerest apologies for this mistake. It was a computer error that resulted in this devastating scenario and wish I could do something more to fix this but unfortunately all I can do is offer my sincerest apologies. I am truly sorry this happened.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

It's OK, but that's all. Desk staff was friendly and efficient. The location is centrally located. Our room was a mixed bag. The sheer draperies in the room had large tears in them which subtracted substantially from the ambience. The bed was reasonably firm and comfortably, but the blankets a bit on the thin side. The room was generally clean, but a black jacket tossed on the top closet shelf came out dusty. The bathroom consists of a low toilet and a shower with a nice marble surround, the sink, however, is in the sleeping area. There is what I would call a fitness closet with dumbbells, treadmill, and a stationary bike. The hallways and rooms exude a rich look with the extensive use of deep cove moldings and recessed ceilings. Overall I'd call it shabby chic.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and I do apologize that you were not happy with some of the things in your room. These are things we are looking in to fixing as soon as possible. We really appreciate your feedback and I hope that if you are ever in Lafayette again, that you come stay with us and let us make it up to you.