“Up & Down”
Review of Juliet Hotel

Juliet Hotel
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

It's OK, but that's all. Desk staff was friendly and efficient. The location is centrally located. Our room was a mixed bag. The sheer draperies in the room had large tears in them which subtracted substantially from the ambience. The bed was reasonably firm and comfortably, but the blankets a bit on the thin side. The room was generally clean, but a black jacket tossed on the top closet shelf came out dusty. The bathroom consists of a low toilet and a shower with a nice marble surround, the sink, however, is in the sleeping area. There is what I would call a fitness closet with dumbbells, treadmill, and a stationary bike. The hallways and rooms exude a rich look with the extensive use of deep cove moldings and recessed ceilings. Overall I'd call it shabby chic.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part and I do apologize that you were not happy with some of the things in your room. These are things we are looking in to fixing as soon as possible. We really appreciate your feedback and I hope that if you are ever in Lafayette again, that you come stay with us and let us make it up to you.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I wanted to like this hotel, but there is a cross-training gym directly below my room! It's attached to the lobby. They blast bad music and drop heavy weights that literally shake the walls. This is at 9:00pm. Like I said, UNACCEPTABLE! This isn't like a temporary construction noise problem. I am pissed off. This is the most expensive hotel in town. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Edit: 10:30pm and weight dropping/walls shaking still going... BULLs*#t

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank N8541M
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I first want to thank you for your feedback. It will certainly help us as we try to make improvements to our facility. I want to again apologize for the noise you endured during your stay here with us. I can assure you I have personally brought the problem to the attention of upper management of both the hotel and the gym and something will be done to prevent this from ever happening again. I am sincerely sorry for everything.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

After reading the previous reviews, I thought most of the issues at this hotel had been addressed, but found that was not the case. I travel almost 50 weeks a year, and usually stay in Hilton properties. I tried this hotel due to a deal with RocketMiles for 2,000 United MileagePlus miles per night. I am now loathe to try either the hotel or RocketMiles again.

The ISP (EthoStream) will not connect to iOS devices. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with the company's customer service, and they had to manually connect both my iPhone and iPad. Given the proliferation of this platform I find this ridiculous.

I decided to check out the rest of the room, and found the following: no hair dryer, an ironing board but no iron, and a SINGLE hanger in the closet. During this inspection the air conditioning kicked on and was very loud.

The poor sweet girl at the front desk was very responsive, and I felt sorry for her having to bear the brunt of all of this. She told me they had been very busy lately and that all the items in the rooms seem to be disappearing. (??)

On the plus side, the room itself has some nice architectural details (tray ceiling, crown molding, etc.) but that hardly makes up for spending the first hour of my stay getting amenities in place that should have been there in the first place.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I would first like to thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your insight. I apologize that your room was lacking certain items. This is a problem that I am personally trying to fix. I am currently taking the necessary steps to replenish such items so that we may better serve our guests' needs. With your insight in mind, we are also in the process of servicing our air conditioning units to lesser their noise output as best we can. I hope with this in mind, that you might consider The Juliet Hotel in your future travels.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is a delightful place to stay! Don't go by the exterior. Our room was cozy, spacious, and well-maintained. We ate at two excellent restaurants within a 5-minute walk. I would stay here again and recommend to friends. The staff was friendly, but we are fairly self-sufficient and just used our iPhone to find nearby restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Juliet Hotel. I hope that you come visit Lafayette again really soon. When you do, come back and see us!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Like other reviewers we found this hotel comfortable but not boutique in terms of facilities or services. Our room had no coffee maker or hair drier so clearly hadn't been checked when last cleaned. The staff on duty during our one night stay were young and not well trained. When I asked about some fresh coffee I was informed by the receptionist that she would bring up a pot after having a cigarette break! The following morning the same member of staff had forgotten it was Veterans Day and suggested we drive to Dwyers Diner, only several minutes walk away, for breakfast in case there was no parking. The place was so quiet on a Monday morning! Overall, the staff let down what is a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaMeredith
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We really appreciate your feedback. Currently we are undergoing staff training so that our staff will better be able to serve you during your stay. I understand it is important that they be prompt and knowledgable of nearby ammenities and I apologize for the inconvenience. Also, The Juliet will be offering room service beginning in December, 2013. We are so excited about this endeavor, and I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Whilst the location of this hotel is ideal if every you find yourself in Lafayette, it cannot claim to be a boutique hotel. After all, it provides absolutely no services whatsoever. No bell hop; no breakfast; no laundry; no minibar. We found our room to be large and comfortable if somewhat dark. The air conditioning unit was extremely noisy. Overall, it was somewhat below average, and I think is extremely misleading to call itself a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheJulietHotel, Assistant General Manager at Juliet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I would first like to thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your insight. We are currently taking the necessary steps to better serve our guests' needs. We will soon be offering food options in the rooms as well as room service. While we do not have the space available to provide on-site laundry services, we would be more than happy to manage your dry cleaning needs while at the Juliet. With your insight in mind, we will also be servicing our air conditioning units to lesser their noice output as best we can. I hope with this in mind, that you might consider The Juliet Hotel in your future travels.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com