“2.5 but I'm picky”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I seem to differ from popular opinon about this hotel. I stayed on a high floor and was given an "access room" without asking which apparently meant that I had a walk-in shower and a slightly lower sink. The shower needed work. I have a "thing" about stained grout and tile that hasn't been well-cleaned. HGI's was grimey. I was disappointed in the quality of the bed linens, which were low-end hotel quality, as was the single-ply toilet paper. I wouldn't buy those items and I don't want to see them in a hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Ridgebackfan,

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. I have shared your review with my team and look forward to upgrading our amenities where possible. I hope when your travels return you to Lafayette, you give us a chance to provide you with an experience you know and deserve.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I drove to Lafayette for Thanksgiving at my cousin Mark's house. It was wonderful except it got cold at night. I scraped ice off of my windshield with the room card and lost it. It was quickly replaced late at night when I returned to the hotel.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here in the last 2 years. We came for a concert at the Cajundome. The venue is directly across the street, which is very convenient. Rooms are really nice. Hotel staff is friendly. Only downer, is there is no continental breakfast like at other Hilton Garden Inns. There is a restaurant, but it is very expensive. So we skipped that. That is the only downside to this nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was great and extremely pleasant. The front desk staff was very efficient and very knowledgeable of local attractions and a great help choosing several fabulous restaurants . The hotel is very convenient to many attractions in Lafayette. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends that travel to Lafayette and I will definitely stay when I am visiting in Lafayette. A very well managed hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Breakfast is not included. Choices good. Cooks were friendly. Service was extremely slow. When our food did arrive, it was the wrong order. We had to go look for coffee and serve ourselves. No one greeted us at our table. We were in a hurry to beat impending traffic. Extremely frustrated. Service in other areas of the hotel is great. We were repeat guests and would stay there again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Staff and all the chiefs where greet. Hotel very clean, services very good. Good location for the area and breakfast was great every day. If its cold outside, void room 606, huge draft under the heater, if you look under, one sees a seem of day light coming through with the cold air.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a very nice Hotel with outstanding customer service. The only problem I had was it showed an indoor pool and hot tub and when I arrived was informed the hot tub had been removed a couple of years before. Otherwise this is an excellent place to stay.