“Pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had a very good experience staying in this hotel in August, 2013. Everything in this hotel went smoothly and was very enjoyable. The stuff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. The location was convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Tamara S,

Thank you for staying with us. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bart Ferrell

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the hotel. It is in a good location, nice, clean, great rooms, great staff, small pool and better than average gym. So why did I give it a 1 rating?
In the 3 nights that I spent at the hotel, I didnt sleep.
Why? Because the A/C (Air conditioning) in the room was soooooo loud that it woke me up every time it started running and since anyone who ever spent time in Louisiana in August knows, you can live without A/C.
So 3 nights at a great hotel and no sleep at all ruined my week. I talk to other folks at the hotel and they all said the A/C was too noisy in their room.
Fix the A/C people !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

BigJ0e, I’m so sorry for the noise issues you experienced with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. The next time you are in the area we’d love to see you again.

David Slinin
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were very disappointed that the hot tube in the hotel had been covered up. The hot tub was fine the last time we stayed there in March of this year. This is one of the main reasons we always stayed at this hotel.When I booked the rooms through the Hilton web site using my AARP card it said we could have a late check out for 2 pm. when we arrived at the hotel we were told we had to check out by 1:30. We were looked out of our rooms at 12 noon and had to go to the front desk to get our cards activated to get back in our rooms. The printed bill we received as we checked out showed the amount I booked the rooms for but I checked my charge card they had taken out nearly $20 more for each room. I called the hotel and they said they charge an incidental fee in case something was wrong with the room and that it would be credited back to my account in 3 to 4 days after they checked out the room. We have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years at least 5 times a year and have never been charged a fee, There was also black mold all over the shower head, The one good thing about the hotel is the restaurant, The waiters are always friendly and the food is very good. We have already found a new hotel to stay at when we go to Lafayette.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Overall I had a good experience. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only problem I had was that several people I was there with thought the continental breakfast was free when in fact it was not. We were told that not all Hiltons have the same policy. I paid the extra for my room to have the hot breakfast and it was very delicious. You need to double check the policy to make sure you're not being mislead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My first issue was the a/c did not work in my room. I was moved to another room. However, this room did NOT have hot water. After all of this housekeeping was banging on the door at approximately 7:45AM to tell me that check out was at NOON. Definitely one of the most deplorable lodging experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

D'Andra,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced with room assignment and housekeeping during your recent stay. We strive to make every guests' experience a pleasant one and we will use your comments as we continue to strive for this goal. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you visit the area so we may show you the improved quality stay you expect and deserve.

Bart Ferrell

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I travel a lot along I-10, but for the past few years have had a lot of problems finding a hotel near Lafayette, La. This one wasn't the solution.

This place was noisy. There wee two guys in the next room, and I heard them having a conversation. Not loud, not boisterous. Just a normal conversation. When one went to the bathroom, well let's just say I pretty easily heard what he had to do.

Sleep is one of the key decisions when I get a hotel room. If you want to sleep here, bring some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. Or a medium sleeper.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I arrived late and left fairly early the next morning, but I did get a chance to use the fitness center. All in all, the hotel was nice and clean. The one complaint I have is that the walls are thin. I think this is because this is an older property (you can tell) that has been nicely renovated. I would definitely stay here again - it was great for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business