“Enjoyed My Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We chose this hotel for the indoor swimming pool because we were traveling with a 7 year old baseball team. I do have to say the pool area was small, but there were also ALOT of kids in the pool. I counted 20 in the pool and 12 in the hot tub at one time plus all the kids and grown ups that weren't swimming that were all seated around. The was also plenty of room for the kids to go outside and let off some steam. The lobby is gorgeous. Dinner was excellent .. I had the beans and rice. And the breakfast was absolutely to die for! I'm not normally a breakfast person, but I must have made 3 trips to the buffet. They had everything you can imagine and then some. Bed was comfy, room was clean and quiet. Free wifi was a nice bonus since everyone seems to want to charge for it these days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was OK. My room had not hot water which from the staff was the only one in the hotel that got that lucky since when I told them they said they had no other complaints. And the A/C need some improving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Susan L,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you found had a disappointing experience regarding some maintenance issues in you room. I am so sorry that you had some issues getting hot water and that you’re A/C was not working properly. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and will definitely keep your comments in mind.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here twice for Festival Int'l. I like the location b/c they are across the street from the Fest shuttle and you don't have to drive. The rooms are clean, and they provide complimentary water, coffee and cookies in the lobby. The room was comfortable and had a good AC. The front desk staff were good. I had accidentally schedule myself to arrive on Friday, but thought I was supposed to arrive Saturday. When I got there Saturday, they had canceled my reservation. But luckily the guy found me a room. I hope to stay here again next year for Fest.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of the hall and had no problems with noise, except hearing the flushing from ot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The bed offerings are king or double, no queen. So if you are a group sharing a room be warned. The hotel is neat and clean. Breakfast is not included and expensive. I prefer not to spend $10 for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Kerry E,

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate you reviewing our hotel. We do offer rooms with one king size, two queen, or two full size beds. Unfortunately, due to occupancy we are sometimes unable to change rooms from two full to two queen. Many times conferences are require so many rooms that they book our entire inventory of queen and full bedded rooms. Hopefully the next time you stay, we are able to make that room change for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Secure parking and walking distance to Cajundome. We attended a concert on a Thursday night. You could not park in the hotel parking lot unless you had an existing registration for that night. A police officer was stationed at each entrance to the parking lot. Very secure for a busy night. Crosswalk at the redlight on the corner made walking to and from the concert easy. Hot breakfast, lunch and dinner served in restaurant. Comfortable and clean rooms and indoor pool. Convenient when staying with children.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Jennifer R,

Thanks for staying with us, we love the concert crowd. We are happy to provide the security and typically adjust our restaurant hours to make sure you can get a good bite to eat and to the concert on time. We look forward to seeing you for some of the upcoming concerts like Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Arrived without a reservation but were quickly checked into a good sized room with a comfortable king beds. The hotel was really clean, even the guest laundry area. The pool was warm and the hot tub truly hot. The staff were very friendly. The food seemed good as we met local residents who stopped in for dinner, but we had reserved at a local restaurant (see Blue Dog Cafe review). An average complimentary breakfast was provided. The Wifi access was free.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Elizabeth E,

Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed it!=Unfortunately, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, but do offer Bed and Breakfast packages that have the price to breakfast built into the rate. Additionally, if you are a Hilton HHonors Gold or Diamond member, you can choose the option of breakfast as a “My Way” selection. Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for business several times a year. The staff is always friendly and helpful. My room is clean and never in disrepair. I appreciate the two bottles of water upon my arrival. . . and no complaints about the cookies either, especially after a long day of traveling.
I especially want to bring attention to a server; Derek. He is a very personable and professional employee. He had good suggestions and was very attentive to my needs.

Room Tip: Great area to walk and or jog.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business