“A Bright and Cheery Place to Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The first thing you notice is the large spacious lobby area. The hotel is very modern, open and clean. The room was very comfortable. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. My wife even wrote a note of commendation about the waitress in the restaurant area who was very helpful. Parking was abundant and well lit. Overall, a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drllcoo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Drllcoo,
Thank you for the review and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Lafayette. We shared your note of commendation with the rest of our staff as an example of what we all try to emulate in our jobs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bart Ferrell

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Really nce hotel in close proximity to Cajun Dome and Stadium. Nice size lobby and beautiful furnishings we stayed there recently to attend football game across the street. The cleaning was super nice and accommodating. We did not eat in the lobby restaurant
But it smelled really good. The room was a large king suite with large sitting area I clouding a mini fridge and microwave. There were two flat screen televisions and a room divider. Nicest room we have stayed in for a while. I can't rate the value as we used points for the stay. Large parking lot and there was no problem with gamedayl parking. The only problem and negative rating I can give is there was NO hot water. None. Bad to be in the 30's when you wake up and need to get an early start and NO hot water. I would imagine that it is not a regular iccurance but I hate I used all my points and had to leave dirty.

• Stayed: November 2012

87fxrc,
Thank you for the great review and choosing our to stay at our hotel. We wish you could have joined us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. No hot water is definitely abnormal and we have maintenance personnel on site to help with an issue you may encounter. We look forward to you staying with us again when you are in Lafayette and enjoying a nice warm shower.

Bart Ferrell

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Everytime I come to Lafayette this place is always my first choice. The staff is awesome. They are very helpful and courteous. The rooms are always clean and smell great. It is located in a great area close to downtown and across from the Cajun Dome..

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pancake124
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked this hotel, by word of mouth and reviews, and I was not dissappointed. The entire staff from Maintenence to cleaning crew, to chefs and wait staff to the Managers at the desk were so kind and curtious to me every day and every moment. They really made my stay a pleasure. There was a very good young man, Manager at the front desk by name: Mr. Jake Holloway, he was so curtious and kind that he assisted me in signing up for Hilton Rewards, and catered to what every I needed. This 1 on 1 attention made me feel important and that I was not just a customer but a person that mattered....Awesome job staff at the Garden Hilton in Lafayette, La....Awesome Job!

Room Tip: not the road side, but hotel is pretty sound worthy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2012

hotel look amazing and well nice! staff was great and so was Jake Holloway , very helpful to me when making reservations, i would stay again

when making reservations Jake new his prices and information that helped me out! Got to hotel check in was very done and the stay was nice. The rooms were very nice!

tks
amanda

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Amanada R, thank you for staying with us and posting a review. Jake has been with us a long time and loves to spoil our guests. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Bart Ferrell, General Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed at several Hilton Garden Inns, and they are usually pretty consistently nice. This one was definitely not in that category. The room was not very clean and we had a bed that wasn't made up very nicely (bedskirt was torn and crooked) a very dirty shower, long black hairs on the door of the bathroom and a dirty mirror.

The bed was comfortable, though, but I woudn't stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

dottxs, thank you for your response. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your atypical stay at our hotel. I have used your feedback to help coach our team to ensure that you always receive the best experience. We also have new bedskirts on order that should arrive shortly to help complete our renovation. I would love for you to visit us the next time you come to Lafayette and let us show you that this was not a normal experience for our guests. If I can help you plan that trip, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the property.
Bart Ferrell, General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2012

There wasn’t one single problem. I haven’t got one single complaint. The location is great. It is across the street from the Cajun Dome. I can’t tell you how nice it was to skip traffic and parking issues and just trot across the street to go see Eric Church play there. There are plenty of food choices, strip malls and whatever else you might need close by. The have a huge parking lot and side entrances to make it convenient.

Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. Big smiles and more than helpful each and every time. Everyone always greeted us with a hello, and how are you today. I did not see a single grumpy employee. The maids come pretty early to clean the rooms and do a great job. If you had an issue with anything I am sure this hotel would do it’s best to solve it. I got the impression that customer service is a huge priority there. I would give the staff gold stars.

The room was clean. There was a sitting area and large desk. The Bed is adjustable so we could both set the firmness of our individual side of the king bed. Lots of lighting and closet space. There is a massage shower head and no hot water issues. They give you plenty of towels. The shampoo/conditioner/and lotion/mouthwash they provided and stocked daily and were very nice. The fridge and microwave came in very handy. There is a coffee maker ect.. but they have complementary coffee/ice t in the lobby and after a couple days I decided I preferred to go get a cup and bring it back up to room instead of making it. We were more than comfortable during our stay.

There is a sort of convenience store by the front desk. It is well stocked with juice/pop/munchies/snacks/toiletries ect. If they don’t have it I am sure they would be more than happy to point you in the right direction. They have a laundry room. (need quarters). The gym is clean and machines looked great. Ah I have yet to ever exercise on a vacation.. but for those that do I am sure you would be pleased with the equipment. The pool and hot tub area looked great, as did the business center. The lobby has comfortable seating and a relaxing atmosphere. We never had breakfast there but many people were doing so and the food looked good.

This is a CLEAN Hotel in a Great LOCATION ran by First Class Employees and WE have no idea how anyone could stay there and not feel welcome and convinced they had picked the perfect hotel to stay in while in Lafayette.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple