“Birthday lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hot Food Express
Ranked #125 of 557 Restaurants in Lafayette
“Birthday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

My friend took me to Hot Food Express for my birthday. The service was pleasant. Food was prepared quickly. The amount of food served was enough for lunch and dinner. Had plenty to share.

otis,louisisana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are in laffeyette and I started searching on my trip advisor on my phone and everything I picked out for some reason it was not there when we tried looking for it,so we parked and got out and started walking and came across this amazing place and loved it,thanks so much for great service and the waiters were very nice and respectful

1 Thank kchumney83
Boston, MA
“Simple, Superb, Generous, Styled Just So!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stumbled upon Hot Food Express after noting that day after day, the cars over-flowed. When they put a sign up that the neighbors lot was now additional parking - could there be a more obvious recommendation?

Had the daily special, Catfish Filet w/their special Shrimp Fried Rice, Cajun Fries but skipped the Salad and Bread (had them leave it off the plate). Where on the plate that was supposed to go is beyond me.

Full of locals, great music, much of the old vinyl style and Wi-Fi which made me hang out for hours, and hours, and hours (including writing this review!). Despite the "Express" part (and tons of locals obviously bring it home as a habit) this place has a great vibe if you sit inside. Pass on the "Express" part if you can.

• Visited May 2013