“Great food and friendly service.”
Review of Chris's Po-Boy

Chris's Po-Boy
Ranked #83 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Austin, Texas
“Great food and friendly service.”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had the Shrimp PoBoy and Chris' Special PoBoy. Both were very tasty and reasonably priced. All of the staff was friendly and the facility was clean.

Visited July 2014

Murphy
“Great food in a gas station!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped because it was close and had good ratings. Almost didn't go in because I saw it was in a gas station. Glad I went!
Great food!

Lafayette, LA
“Great service, average food, Expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were drawn to Chris' Po-boy because of their 35th year anniversary celebration. The server who was in the dining room was outstanding. It's a shame that the food was not nearly as good as the service.

There were four people in our party and we had a variety of things including a shrimp platter, a catfish platter, a mixed platter, and a poboy. The shrimp were rather tasteless, the catfish was just okay, and the fries were excellent.

The atmosphere inside a gas station is really lacking, and the prices are what you would expect to pay at a nice restaurant. I have been to the other locations several times, and this location is by far the worst when it comes to atmosphere.

You can't help but compare this to the other fine similar restaurants in town. Without mentioning names (if you are from Lafayette you know the similar places) this is way down on quality and way up on price.

I'm glad we came here to help this establishment support three great causes in Lafayette, but I can't say that I'm looking forward to our next visit. There are too many great places within a 10 minute drive that are far superior to Chris' Po-boy.

• Visited October 2013
Hazel Green, Alabama
“Really good food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

After a long day on the road and still a few hours to drive, I did a quick search to find something to eat in Lafayette. The reviews lead us to Chris'. That this eating establishment is in a gas station, I was curious how really good the food could actually be. As someone mentioned in a review, the smell that hit you at the door was gas station bathroom odor & I almost walked away. However a very polite young man was behind the food counter welcoming us.

I ordered the 1/2 shrimp po boy, that's exactly why I stopped here. My friend, originally from the MS gulf coast, reluctantly ordered the half muffuletta (she had not had an good, authentic one in years of trying to find what she remembered from childhood).

We ate at the back of the store in booth seating. When our food arrived at our table, we were both very pleased. Her sandwich was oven toasted & delicious, just the way she remembered them from long ago. My sandwich was stuffed with crunchy, fried shrimp, mayo & a bit of shredded cabbage. It was delish!!

The sandwiches were served with ruffled chips & a pickle spear.

Other than the offense odor that met you at the door, the food, service & cleanliness of the food counter, kitchen & eating area were great. If I'm ever passing through this area again, I would definitely look forward to stopping in again.

• Visited September 2013
Houston, TX
“Great po-boy!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Had the sausage po-boy - it was great!! Husband had the shrimp and son had catfish. All were great. They use finely shredded cabbage vs lettuce, but dang if I could tell!! Chose the side potato salad and it was yummy! Also, be sure to get the bread pudding - it comes out hot with rum sauce. Yum!

• Visited September 2013