“Aztecca's”

Aztecas Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #272 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Food was very, very good. Service great, drinks just right. Management checks on customers, Very good menu of items from steak to seafood all prepared with a Mexican Flair. The wait staff is knowledgeable and amiable. I eat there when family comes to town as well as by my self on many occasions.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fast service, great food, plenty of seating. Great for big groups, and they take reservations if you need. The fajita burrito is my favorite thing on the menu--and it's HUGE. Either split with someone or take half home. Really reasonable prices. And great margaritas.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My mom and I went with a Living Social deal and very much enjoyed it. I'm from the Houston area, and am accustomed to good Tex Mex, and don't often find much here in LA. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice. We went for Thurs. lunch and it was busy but not overly crowded. I had the tacos al carbon which were nicely cooked and tender. Mom had the shrimp quesadilla which was delicious.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

People don't come to Louisiana for Mexican food, but we live here and we like to get Mexican food sometimes. I think it's good for here, but without the variety we usually get in Texas.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

OK_ I've been there about 3 or more times and I always am left with the idea that nothing tastes better than just average. We got the combination enchilada plate. The textures of the encheladas were good, but why not use some cumin or cilantro or anything to make it stand out? Nothing that I have eaten there has ever been spicey or surprisingly tastfull. The salsa isn't even the least bit spicy and I find it difficult to believe that it is fresh and not out of a big jar. (Didn't ask the server, but I'll bet there is a big jar o' salsa back in that kitchen!)

If you go there just, order the fish tacos- they are the best thing that we have ever gotten there.